try a pict

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patty_school_headshot_streched.jpg

DandyDon:
Same, dumb way - go to pic, click Email, right click new pic, select properties, copy Url, insert in image code.
I don't have the same "Click Email" kind of option in my OCdiving gallery. I tried to simply use the photo URL but it did not work. It has worked on other Bulletin boards but they are HTML sites and not PHP.

Does anyone know how to successfully post an image from galleries OTHER than ScubaBoard??

kelphelper:
I don't have the same "Click Email" kind of option in my OCdiving gallery. I tried to simply use the photo URL but it did not work. It has worked on other Bulletin boards but they are HTML sites and not PHP.

Does anyone know how to successfully post an image from galleries OTHER than ScubaBoard??
Gimme a link to that gallery, pls...

um... trying a new technique again...

main.php

and it did not work either. I noticed the photo URL does not contain www. so I added it in. Didn't make a difference though. Too bad. I am done for awhile.

If anyone knows how to insert images from OTHER galleries, let us know please!

Hasta luego,

Here's the step by step process:

I went to your photo gallery.

I clicked on one of the photos.

A couple of blue sections below the photo there's a section called Forum Code. Select and copy everything in the box. You might have to use the Copy/Paste controls in the Edit menu of your browser instead of right-clicking - at least I do using Firefox.

Then create your new post or reply. Where you want the image paste in the Forum Code text. Make sure it starts with

Now click right after the first and type in [url]http://www.scubaboard.com[/url] with no spaces between it and the / at the start of the image code.

If you preview the post at this point, you should see the picture if you've done it correctly.

Repeat as needed for the other photos.

Originally Posted by DandyDon
Gimme a link to that gallery, pls...

Most of my UW images are here:
Oh, a different site, not just a diff gallery. I have no idea.

Load them on SB PG.

kelphelper:
Here's the step by step process:

I went to your photo gallery.

I clicked on one of the photos.

A couple of blue sections below the photo there's a section called Forum Code. Select and copy everything in the box. You might have to use the Copy/Paste controls in the Edit menu of your browser instead of right-clicking - at least I do using Firefox.

Then create your new post or reply. Where you want the image paste in the Forum Code text. Make sure it starts with

Now click right after the first and type in [url]http://www.scubaboard.com[/url] with no spaces between it and the / at the start of the image code.

If you preview the post at this point, you should see the picture if you've done it correctly.

Repeat as needed for the other photos.[/QUOTE]
I gotta print this out. I'm goggle eyed now. :silly:

Steve suggested I try using the URL in the browser for the pix. That didn't work! Here are the results without/with the www.

main.php

main.php

This pic is of a very friendly Diodon holocanthus. He was cute, too!

Ok,

Now this is curious. None of these work using the link or image button or even manually adding the tags. Yet clicking on the links o...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7469&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.ocdiving.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7469&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php

The reason is because OCdiving is generating the gallery on the fly via PHP. So the actual url of the picture is something else as stored.

For example if you click one of these links then right click and do a save as on the actual picture, it will show the actual name of the image as:
_maui_29aug06 015.jpg

even though Copy Image Location in the same window saves this:
http://www.ocdiving.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7469&g2_serialNumber=2

So the way around this is to figure out the actual directory on Ocdiving that your pictures are stored in and use it followed by the real name of the image. This may/may not be possible depending on how their directory access is set. Picasa does something similar and it won't work with SB either.

I'll poke around for a few minutes and see if I can sort it out. Otherwise the simplest solution is to upload your pics to the SB gallery and link to them there.

Or you can store your images on your own private webspace and link to them there also. Might as well take advantage of Pete's generosity here though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom