TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At one time, there was talk of a ID card that pre-processed you through security. For Mariners that pass through secure seaports, we were required to have a TWIC, or Transportation Workers Identification Card. The card cost each mariner $132, and included a routine background check. It's the same card that TSA workers have to have to work at TSA. I hate the scanners (the Navy provided me with all of the ionizing radiation I need for a lifetime), I don't care about the pat down, but I'd far rather carry an ID with biometric chip issued by a agency of the government. I envision 2 lines, one for the sheep who submit to intense security screenings, and another for those of us who don't want to bother with the hassle. That way everyone is happy.

Oh, Snap. The civil libertarians that are afraid that the government will learn something about us by doing background checks are the same folks who feel safer with body scans and pat downs. Go figure.

Some of us have to travel for work. We have no choice unless we find new line of job. So not that simple. I fly on average at least once a week so "real simple" doesn't really work.

Yes if you would be groped by a complete stranger you too would cry sexual assault provided person groping were not wearing TSA uniform.

Scanners are not safe. They emit 20 times more radiation that TSA claims (on average).

Unlike you I am not willing to give up my real liberties and privacy for some perceived safety.

Either deal with your job requirement of find another job.

20 times more? Where exactly did you find this data? Wives tales .com

Anal and vaginal probes?

All it would take would be for some would-be terrorist to stuff something up their arse and get on a plane for TSA to make cavity searches a requirement for flying. Well ... that and for some company that makes cavity-search equipment to hire the right lobbyist.

The terrorists don't have to blow up a plane ... they just have to keep the American public fearful ... and the TSA is doing that job nicely ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Either deal with your job requirement of find another job.

20 times more? Where exactly did you find this data? Wives tales .com

False dichotomy. I have a third option. I can continue to expose this security sham of TSA and opt-out each and every time as well as make it uncomfortable for TSA agent to perform enhanced pat down. I guess I could start wearing a kilt.

As far as 20 times more, in the post below one you quoted I posted a link. Here it is just for you again: http://bit.ly/dEOgjl

All it would take would be for some would-be terrorist to stuff something up their arse and get on a plane for TSA to make cavity searches a requirement for flying. Well ... that and for some company that makes cavity-search equipment to hire the right lobbyist.

The terrorists don't have to blow up a plane ... they just have to keep the American public fearful ... and the TSA is doing that job nicely ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There was an assassination attempt in Saudi Arabia where the bomb was up the attackers arse. It turns out you can’t put enough up there and the human body is very good at absorbing the blast effect – all that water and fat act as a sponge.

Tell me she also has hand-cuffs, please....:crafty:

The border guards are in camouflage, some of the Border Police are in all black, and yes in Rzeszów, Poland there was a 6’ tall 20 something blond women in the Border Police in black boots, and well cut black uniform with all the normal police equipment including a 10mm Glock and handcuffs. Always wanted to get a photo, but there is no sense of hummer about cameras at any of the security checks I have been through anywhere.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Don't kill your enemy, wound him (make him afraid) and take five more out of the fight.

A recent CBS news poll shows 81% of travelers support body scans.

Flame away whiners

Thank God our bill of rights isn't up for a vote!

I wonder how long it will be before images of a major league basketball players show up in the entertainment media.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom