TV Casting Question - Looking for you Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paranormal divers??? I believe in the paranormal because I've seen and heard some things that my scientific mind just can't explain and because of that I joined a scientifically based paranormal group to try and get some explanation. Yes I have a bit of a nerdy side. :) I've been to some supposedly haunted businesses and private residences and if any paranormal activity is actually caputured it is very rare and natural causes cannot be totally ruled out. It is difficult to get uncontaminated audio and video on land so how do you guys plan on doing it underwater? The ocean has many sounds and how would you know if it is paranormal or just a normal sound? Better yet how do you know you aren't naced? :) I've met the Ghost Hunters from TAPS on the Sci Fi channel and know for a fact that most of the stuff that they get as being paranormal is just staged to get ratings. They started out with good intentions but Hollywood is Hollywood and Joe public doesn't want to watch a show in which nothing is ever found. In fact I don't even watch TV haunting shows anymore because I know what goes on behind the scenes. You guys might want to get in touch with Lee Erlich from "Ghost Pros" he supposedly has a paranormal dive team that goes to "haunted" shipwrecks. He is about as whacked out as they come though so I warn you be prepared to laugh when you go to his site.

We are looking for crusty sea people ... Specifically all you oil rigging and docking divers. Easy right?

I suggest some research is in order on appropriate qualifications and experience for the divers concerned...

What you're proposing may be something far beyond 'easy', in terms of dive expertise required.

SCREEEEEEEEEECH! Ya want that shark? I'll catch that shark. Filet for him for ya too!

yar, wonder why it was posted in the "Basic" folder?

Sorry, there are no people on ScubaBoard with an attitude ... we don't have opinions either ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You are in NYC ? No need to look on scubaboard. Plenty of NY area divers to choose from. Crusty ? check. Experienced wreck divers ? check. Strange looking and unique personality ? Oh yeah.

Does abnormal count?

from the OP description. They are less looking for someone to do real paranormal investigations and more for interesting characters that can see ratings.. so yes DD the abnormal gregarious SB members might find some monetary reward doing this. And possibly get to dive some interesting places that might not otherwise be able to. Who know maybe they'll pay for a trip to Truk?

I can see some divers looking very stupid on TV, if I had TV...

Back
Top Bottom