Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long did it take anyone to get the sample gloves from SHOWA? I filled in the form on the site a while back and haven't heard anything. I've only got one upcoming dive in the drysuit and then I switch to wet for a few months.

Just a couple of days. You have to call them.

1-800-241-0323.

Just a couple of days. You have to call them.

1-800-241-0323.
Thanks

I called that number, but after ringing for ever a voicemail came on, so I left the info needed to ship me a set. Hopefully they'll get back to me.

Call them during normal business hours - Monday between 9am and 5pm Eastern.

They're outside of Atlanta.

I finally got my boat back in the water so I decided to use Tim's jig idea as it works well and I can swap out gloves on the boat in a couple of minutes.
The wooden jig looks great but I kept picturing my fingertips hurting from stretching the glove over the ring.

I get it, if you can’t get the gloves stretched over, but this old diving concepts system gave me the fits.

You can always cut a grove in the pvc ring to help hold in the oring. I did mine on the router table, just set up a bit for a shallow groove and rotated the pvc around the fence.
Makes the oring a lot less likely to roll off.

Good stuff! This thread rocks.

I used the 720s without liners for four dives yesterday and today. It felt a little strange after wearing liners for so many years but I had been sweating in the warm water we are currently experiencing here in SoCal. Does anyone know who sells the glove rings separately? I'd like to have a backup pair ready to go but the only online seller I've found is in Norway.

I just bought a few sets of the whole system for my multiple drysuits. Therefore, I have several sets of rings. :-/

Dive Right In Scuba is the major US carrier for all Waterproof gear - including the Ultima Dryglove Ring System. If anybody'd know how to get some spare rings, it'd be them.

How'd you like diving undergloveless? Can't do that with a latex glove - one, because they're insanely cold, and two, because you'd get all sweaty.

Love my 720s. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom