Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!

Mine the other day was 91 topside, and 72 on the bottom - just 14 feet deep! Talk about crazy!

Diving wet, of course... But wow, what a difference!

I assume you didn't get cold hands... :)

I had a boot leak on Friday so my Waterproof suit is on its way to Minnesota. I wore my Diving Concepts suit yesterday and missed my Ultima gloves. I emailed TUSA and they gave me a set of part numbers with no corresponding parts. They said I would have to order the rings from a shop that carries Waterproof suits.
WP-742-905-00

WP-742-902-00

WP-742-901-00

WP-742-906-00

If I can't find any online I may have to drive up to Culver City and order some. I'd love to have a set of gloves already on rings ready to go while I'm on a boat.

BTW, something amazing happened. I had to install a 720 on a Diving Concepts ring this morning. I set the ring on my desk and was able to stretch the glove with O-ring inside onto the ring without a clamp or jig! That has never happened before. I did it again on a second ring and it took only five seconds. I love 720s. I might try that on my Ultima rings when my suit gets back.

Wow, at that price, I would just buy a whole set and install it on my other drysuit as well.

Then I would just keep all the rings loaded with gloves.

That's what I was thinking except the suit rings are glued into my Diving Concepts suit. I don't know if it has the flexible rubber ring at all. I guess I'll keep my DC rings set up as a backup for that suit and continue looking for used Ultima rings.

Hi Gents, a few days ago Ultima rings has received and installed as manual requested. All fitted perfectly to my WP D7 Pro ISS drysuit, and I use gloves "Latex DryGlove HD" from WP as well. So gloves has mounted as per page 5 in manual, and I've got leakage at 20m depth, then I mounted the gloves like for PVC type, but leakage still exist at 30m down.
For inner glove ring I used Si-tech grease it's looks like a lipstick.

Could anyone advice please which troubles is can be?
Thanks in advance:thumb2:

Attachments

• Latex.JPG
    Latex.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 35
  • PVC.JPG
    PVC.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 37
Hello Yvon!

Did you install wrist seals with the glove rings?

Hello SeaJay,

Yes I did, I'm using silicon wrist seals, at last dive I doff both gloves and removed equalization tubes then leaks stopped.

I made two video may be it helps to identify trouble

Thanks very much for reply.

Back
Top Bottom