Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol! :)

Good info here. I have been struggling with the optima system for about a month. Five dives, only one of them dry. Been swapping components and paying more attention to snapping the gloves on. I think have it down to my left hand ring/glove at this point and need to take a couple of additional dives to try and isolate the leak. Last dive left sleeves were dry, but glove was soaked. Next dive will try a different glove on the left hand. If that doesn't work then I gotta start swapping rings.

Where does one get the Showa 720's by the ones/twos?

Jerry

Took this video for y'all today.

DEEP SOUTH DIVERS

I'll put one together as soon as BARE gives me the "OK." :) Bottom line: It's fantastic. It's basically a BARE XCS2 with an extending torso.

...Which is to say it's like a modern-day version of a DUI CF200... But without the markup and ZipSeals (which I'm not a fan of).

First dive in the suit last April or so... At Blue Grotto. I couldn't show the audience the suit, but my comments are telling - and Blue Grotto is always so cool:

I've also done a couple of videos about other things when I just *happen* to be wearing the suit. :)

720's and 282's in hand.

720' s as described. I got XXL, but seem to be cut smaller than 660's. Especially at the wrist. At the transition point they are tighter. Not sure I can wear them with my heavy under gloves, but they are thinner, softer, and stretchy.

282's I like. They are sized like the 660's. The inside is super soft. The shell is softer than the 720's. They are even stretchier than the 720's. Plenty big enough to get my heated liners in and seemingly warm enough to wear alone when the water warms up. I'll throw them on my rings, and post up when I get them in the water.

Interesting.

I haven't played with the 282's, but their data sheet says they're slightly more abrasion and cut resistant than the 720's, while the 720 is slightly more puncture and tear resistant than the 282's.

Softer and stretchier is definitely a plus... And the acrylic "fur" inside might be the deciding factor. The 282's sound like they'll be warmer, but the nitrile in the 720's is naturally warmer than the PU of the 282's... So it's a tough call.

I can't wait to read your review.

What glove WERE you using before these? I've lost track. :-/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom