Underwater Games and things to pass the time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,
so....I'm a noob...and 120 hours!?!?! You'll be underwater, breathing compressed gas, for 5 days?!?! I'm just curious about the actual mechanics of this. What depth? Is it trimix? Do you sleep underwater? How do you eat/drink/poo? Please enlighten me. And, I'm sorry if this is really obvious stuff

Hey,
so....I'm a noob...and 120 hours!?!?! You'll be underwater, breathing compressed gas, for 5 days?!?! I'm just curious about the actual mechanics of this. What depth? Is it trimix? Do you sleep underwater? How do you eat/drink/poo? Please enlighten me. And, I'm sorry if this is really obvious stuff

Ha! Just found this thread and I was going to post pretty much the same ?'s

So, how does this work?

Do they need support volunteers?

im not a noob and i still wanna how this is gonna happen

Hey,

The depth will be pretty shallow, between 20 and 10 feet. This is pretty much a safety stop depth. When it comes time to surface, I will take several hours to return to the surface, and go on 100% O2 upon reaching the surface just as a precaution. I will be using a Full Face mask, and will be sleeping. With the FFM, I do not need to be worried about losing the reg while sleeping. Sleep will be is small sets with a support diver monitoring my air pressure the whole time. I will be on a liquid diet the whole time, drinking through a tube and bag setup like a camelbak hikers use. Being on a liquid diet will limit how much solid waste I have, I will be on this diet for several days prior to the dive also. My drysuit will have a p-valve so that will not be a problem.

Ha! Just found this thread and I was going to post pretty much the same ?'s

So, how does this work?

Do they need support volunteers?

I will need a lot of support crew. I'm looking at two hour rotations of at least 2 surface support members and 2 diver support members.

The current record is 120 hours, and my goal time is 144 hours.

The depth will be pretty shallow, between 20 and 10 feet. This is pretty much a safety stop depth. When it comes time to surface, I will take several hours to return to the surface, and go on 100% O2 upon reaching the surface just as a precaution. I will be using a Full Face mask, and will be sleeping. With the FFM, I do not need to be worried about losing the reg while sleeping. Sleep will be is small sets with a support diver monitoring my air pressure the whole time. I will be on a liquid diet the whole time, drinking through a tube and bag setup like a camelbak hikers use. Being on a liquid diet will limit how much solid waste I have, I will be on this diet for several days prior to the dive also. My drysuit will have a p-valve so that will not be a problem.
Wow! That sounds incredible. Good luck! Thank you for enlightening us on how this is going to work.

The current record is 120 hours so I have to go beyond that.

That we be more than enough time to master the air bubble ring. To bad you are wearing a full face mask.

Wow! That sounds incredible. Good luck! Thank you for enlightening us on how this is going to work.

It is all for a good cause so it's worth it.

Check out this thread for some ideas. We have a great time with underwater UNO aka ScubUNO.
Ber :lilbunny:

I picked up a UNO H2O set today. it will be perfect, the cards are all plastic. I also go a connect four game, and a bunch of washers. I added the washers to the pieces and it works great.

I may have to drive over and dive over and check you out while you are doing this! We can keep ya entertained for a bit by some of our horrible newbie diving skills :)

I am a local Relay For Life committee person (my wife is a 5 years survivor), PM me your donation info on this. My wife is our county's Survivor chairperson.

I may have to drive over and dive over and check you out while you are doing this! We can keep ya entertained for a bit by some of our horrible newbie diving skills :)

I am a local Relay For Life committee person (my wife is a 5 years survivor), PM me your donation info on this. My wife is our county's Survivor chairperson.

PM Sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom