Underwater Towns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quabbin Reservoir, Central Mass. Multiple towns. I don't know if diving is permitted there.

Whiskeytown Resivor, Northern CA. I know that there's supposed to be a town there but I've never heard exactly where it is. There is a old cement structure there that I have dove in 90 ft of water.

Diving in the Quabbin reservoir is NOT permitted... In fact it is a good way to go to prison for attempted terrorism.

Dale Hollow Lake in Kentucky. Town flooded by lake created with Dam.

Marthas Quarry, outside Nashville Tenn. Not really a town, but a quarry rock crusher operation that had admin/crew buildings with crushers, conveyor belts, in the quarry. Apparantly they struck water and it filled up to quick to remove the equipment. You can now dive and swim through the buildings and equipment.

Old Jyndabyne Township.
New South Wales.
Australia.

Flooded by the Jyndabyne Dam Project mid 1900's.

Boasts many rock and brick buildings but the best is the Ford truck still in the garage.

DanStanton:
Hi All,
Anyone aware of any resources for locating towns that have been abandoned and flooded by man made lakes?
Any leads to DanStantonHFWV@aol.com would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Lake Minnewanka, Alberta Canada

There is a flooded town well out in the lake (need a boat). As well there there are the flooded remains of the dam which flooded the town and some other structures that can be dove from the shore. The place has been intentionally flooded at least twice.

lake murray south carolina

built a dam to power (SCE&G south carolina electric and gas)
bought out like lots and lots of land
still railroad down there
cemetary and such, and a b-25 bomber
there was 3 more i beleive the rest were removed long ago

Northern California has lots of lakes with flooded towns. Whiskeytown has one, but its at 200 feet, oroville has the old town sunk and Folsom lake has the old salmon falls bridge that is submerged right now, and when the lake is low is sometimes partially exposed. Usually there isn't much to see with these old towns, just foundations, maybe badly crumbled walls.

Welcome to the board, if you fill out your profile with your location etc. we can help you better.

Round Valley Reservoir in North Jersey. At the deepest point, around 160' I think, a few old buildings and houses remain.

J.

Back
Top Bottom