Use of Short HP hose for SM & Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....check out @kr2y5's thread about tank positioning. lots of goodies in there

Thanks for this! Tons of good information and GREAT pics of how 'kr2y5' is tweaking his gear. This really clears up a lot for me.

I am beginning to thing that promotion of Sidemount diving is just a ploy to sell more gear. :wink: Pretty soon I will have a full set of hoses in almost every possible length. :wink:

Thanks for this! Tons of good information and GREAT pics of how 'kr2y5' is tweaking his gear. This really clears up a lot for me.

I am beginning to thing that promotion of Sidemount diving is just a ploy to sell more gear. :wink: Pretty soon I will have a full set of hoses in almost every possible length. :wink:

I'm still using less than ideal length hoses on my sidemount rig, mainly inflator hoses. I use a 9' hose as a long hose since I'm tall, so is my main cave buddy *6'6"*, and we DPV, so the longer long hose really helps, left hose is a standard hose length so I was good there, drysuit hose is a drysuit hose, and the inflator hose I use is the stock one that comes with a DSS singles rig. Works well enough. SPG hoses are 6" stolen from a stage bottle. It only requires a lot of gear acquisition if you obsess over perfection. When these hoses are due for replacement they will obviously get replaced with appropriate length hoses, but I couldn't see the point in scrapping perfectly good hoses. They have another year or so before replacement

Ha! I'm not giving you the helm on MY boat! If I had a boat, I guess. But you can rewire my house....

Red is 5', white is 10', blue is 20', yellow and green are usually 30 or 50 foot, except it's not rating dependent which confuses it even more.. Shackles are generally company dependent, not rating specific.......man there are too many colors out there. And that's just one industry standard, not even country wide, not even rigging standards!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom