Vancouver Vis Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The top 20' were a bit cloudy, and really warm ~69F today.

Below 20' vis was 30-35' at Lookout(Telegraph Cove) and The Cut today. The worst vis was when my buddy was stirring up the thermocline.

yea, there was some weird ass thermocline at whytecliff yesterday. We were partially responsible for kicking up the bottom. You try taking off a halcyon at depth :)

Whytecliff was pretty decent yesterday. Had about 30 feet on average and plenty of ambient light easily to 60'.

Viz at Larson Bay was 5' but cleared up to about 25 below 40'. My longest dive to date 91 min.
I like this site. Can't believe how many fish I seen here. Two octo's as well.

Ron L.

Viz at Larson Bay was 5' but cleared up to about 25 below 40'. My longest dive to date 91 min.
I like this site. Can't believe how many fish I seen here. Two octo's as well.

Ron L.

See, I told ya it was a good site! Now lets just keep this between us so it doesn't get crowded like Whytecliff on a sunny day. :wink:

em and I hit whytecliff wednsday, serious wave action, hit the plumose gardens, vis cleared up pretty nicely about 25' (not ", jerks) at around 50-75 feet, on the safety stop, vis lowered to about 2' and we both almost crashed into a mammoth rock, thanks whytecliff!

scotty and i just got back.. first dive, plumose gardens, with 25-30' vis at 9am, went to the bay, saw a 4' dogfish (most amazing sight ever!) best dive i've ever done.

2nd left wall, not much action about 10' vis and a huge red jelly.

Back
Top Bottom