Venice conditions - please, no off topic posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dove today off of Alahambra, a little north of the culverts. Viz was about 8' to 12'. Water temp at 22' 69. We found the blocks for the artificial reef in about 15' and I was surprised by how much life has already started there! Lots of grouper and many other fish , coral growth started , sponges, sea horses , star fish and the biggest stingray I have ever seen!! We found a few good teeth farther out but spent almost all of our time swimming over under and around the blocks. This was my most enjoyable dive ever there!

Anybody been out at Venice this week? I'm thinking about going tomorrow & am curious as to viz conditions.

Weather just said 10-20 knot SW winds tommorow.

Yeah, I know. I was just hoping that, if I got out there early enough, I might be able to beat the winds & sneak in a little bottom time before the front comes through.:depressed:

That thread is in the Tampa Bay area forum. This thread is about Venice. They are two different areas, Darlin'.

Yes but you haven't a hope in hell of getting it stickied in the main Conch Forum and since many from the area dive Venice we keep it stickied and updated. It was just in case any wanted to check the conditions and didn't want to go through a bunch of off-topic posts :)

Got out Friday 10 am
seas 1'-2'
vis 8'+
temp 71

coming back in 12:30
seas 2'+
vis was dropping 2'-3'

Went out Friday. Conditions were the same as what tooth posted. Vis picked up in about 20' of water. Good luck if you go out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom