Venice VIS???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went on a 6-Pack charter yesterday afternoon and then used the remainder of the tank doing a short shore dive from the public beach. Venice VIS is still holding but less than day before, now around 10-15, although I didn't have the camera with this time. -Edited: I originally reported vis still at 15-18 in this post, but after rethinking it realized it was somewhat less-

I'll be waiting for the reports from Madeline and the gang about todays Vis, since myself and some others will be hitting Service Club Park tomorrow morning.

Here's my goodies from the charter (a gal on the trip found two VERY nice megs - didn't get pics of them) - on the second boat dive I left smaller ones and only looked for Megs:

Attachments

• IMG_7568.JPG
    IMG_7568.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7567.JPG
    IMG_7567.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7569.JPG
    IMG_7569.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 38
Dove Alhambra this morning. Vis was 5-7 ft. I stayed to the south of the new reef since everything is silted up from it. Bottom time was 60 min but vant remember the temp. It was a nice dive with the winds picking up at the end.

Did a clean-up under the Venice fishing pier this morning.
temp 77
vis 8'-10'
there was a 7'+ hammerhead shark dead on the bottom at the end of the pier that some fisherman killed.
What a waste

there was a 7'+ hammerhead shark dead on the bottom at the end of the pier that some fisherman killed.
What a waste

That seriously blows :shakehead:

I also dove at Alhambra today.. temp was a comfy 79. Didn't find much...

Does anyone have more information on the new reef? location? I haven't heard much about it.

I also dove at Alhambra today.. temp was a comfy 79. Didn't find much...

Does anyone have more information on the new reef? location? I haven't heard much about it.

Heya Alli. Long time no see. How are ya?

Doing great..thanks! We haven't been diving much lately but now that the water temps are warming up, we'll be back out there again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom