Versatility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KickDrumX2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After recently falling in love with Scuba diving I have finally decided to break down and buy my own set of gear. My current job takes me to many different locations all over the world. I am looking to buy a set of gear that will accommodate that. Does anyone have any recommendations for a Reg that performs great in both warm and cold water and that has the durability to stand up to rigorous travel?

For a "global" all purpose reg I would look at a ScubaPro MK17/G250V

MK17/G250V - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

Both warm and cold water......

Sealed first stage......

Great performance......

Universally available parts......

Get a second G250V second stage as your alternate.....not a lower performance R395 or R295 second stage

M

I'd recommend a model from either Apeks or Scubapro. They are reliable and easy to get serviced/spares/repair anywhere in the world.

I currently dive with Scubapro S600/Mk25. 10/10 recommendation. I've previously used Apeks...and they are bullet proof, great performance and also sound for cold water.

I sold my Poseidon regs, because it was always so much hassle to get parts or service for them.

Not sure I would call a MK25/S600 a true "cold" water reg.....

Breath great and are awesome, no doubt, I own a MK25/S550 but is has free flowed in 38 degree water.......

OP needs to decide if true cold water diving is part of the requirement. Of course that temp water means drysuit and lots of thermal protection, and hence more ballast which drives more BC lift.....so there is a whole host of issues around that type of diving and may not be applicable if this is diving related to work travel.....

M

AquaLung Titan LX Supreme Din with Miflex hoses. Small light first with the Enviro seal it's usable in just about any temp water, Din makes it usable any where in the world with an adapter and Miflex hose are light and flexible for travel.

Parts are available all over the world.

Milflex hoses for a travel reg are great.....

They allow you to really roll them up and tuck the reg into a small space....

M

Another vote for the Aqualung Titan . . . moderately priced, good performance regulator in cold and warm water, and pretty easy to find parts and service for, since Aqualung is widely distributed. My first reg was a Titan, and we now have four of them, I think.

Thanks for all the input, I'll take a closer look at the Regs suggested. I dont know much about Miflex hoses, but that sounds like the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom