Very light BC recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have and love the Seaquest Balance, but my Significant Other picked up an Oceanic Islander last year that has me jealous! It is extremely light and packs small, yet has great pockets, multiple attachment points, and integrated weights (as long as you don't need much weight). And, it is back-inflate!

theskull

I've seen these, but not tried them yet: Zeagle's EZ Travel Finz. It seems that Zeagle has the travel market cornered. :D

014042_big2.jpg

:D

Hi,
I have tried that before but I found out the tank rolls on the sides and it is quite unconfortable...
I just use an alu back plate, continious webbing and one tank strap.
I also dive without wing which for diving single alu tank is not really neccessary if one is properly weighted. The problem of no-wing diving is that people don't really get the point and when you travel, operators insist of you having a flotation system (I understand). I resolved this problem by using a dry suit!
Jale

I was messing around today with some ideas.

I figured out a way to set up a divable rig with nothing more than 12 feet of webbing, some D-rings and keepers, a Mach V wing, and 2 cam bands, a buckle, and no plate of any kind.
Basically for just the price of the Mach V, an oxycheq harness kit, and 2 cam bands someone could make a travel rig that would be the absolute lightest yet.

I'll have to post a few pics when I get them downloaded from my camera.
It's hard to explain, but it's very simple.

Hi,
I have tried that before but I found out the tank rolls on the sides and it is quite unconfortable...
I just use an alu back plate, continious webbing and one tank strap.
I also dive without wing which for diving single alu tank is not really neccessary if one is properly weighted. The problem of no-wing diving is that people don't really get the point and when you travel, operators insist of you having a flotation system (I understand). I resolved this problem by using a dry suit!
Jale

cressi backjac is another option, not a whole lot of big d-ring, a good amount of plastic ones and i think 6 titanium, but the thing is amazingly light and has an awesome integration system.
As for the streamlining i havent seen one thats better, it has an amazing bungee system that pulls the bladder down to nothing when empty

any questions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom