Victoria ScubaBoard Monthly Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters

Contributor
Reaction score
So, there has been a little interested in setting up a monthly ScubaBoard-member monthly dive.

I'd like to suggest the 2nd Saturday of every month -- though please suggest otherwise if you prefer.

Since that is too late this month, how about our first outting next Saturday morning (say 10am?? -- though may depend on location, currents, goal, etc.). Location open to suggestions.

Disclaimer: the organizer is not responsible for bad conditions, etc. If you are a very inexperienced diver, warn us ahead of time to make sure there is someone appropriate willing to look out for you.

Thoughts?

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
So, there has been a little interested in setting up a monthly ScubaBoard-member monthly dive.

I'd like to suggest the 2nd Saturday of every month -- though please suggest otherwise if you prefer.

(blah blah blah snipped)

Okay, perhaps there hasn't been as much interest as thought.

Though, why was this moved under BC Skyhoppers -- I thought that was a mainland association? Though, if it isn't, not sure of the use, as 99% of the posts are for Vancouver or Vancouver Island.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Okay, perhaps there hasn't been as much interest as thought.

Though, why was this moved under BC Skyhoppers -- I thought that was a mainland association? Though, if it isn't, not sure of the use, as 99% of the posts are for Vancouver or Vancouver Island.

- ChillyWaters

You're thread was moved at my suggestion because it is a current thread that fits in with the theme of the Spyhoppers (which is not lower mainland only). It was my way of inviting you and making you wonderful Victoria divers feel included. Would you like it moved back?

As for it's use, it's been discussed many times in under the Greater Vancouver Area Divers thread and a description for the club will be posted shortly.

Andrea

Okay, now I'm going from "hey, how about a group Scubaboard dive," to "hey, will someone dive with me?" Hopefully I don't start sounding desperate.

Anyone up for a dive Saturday morning? My usual dive buddy is gonna be working that morning.

Please, no "same ocean" dive philosophies.

Cheers,
ChillyWaters

Hmm. I can't dive in the morning (working) but might be able to do Saturday afternoon/evening.

ChillyWaters:

Since that is too late this month, how about our first outting next Saturday morning (say 10am?? -- though may depend on location, currents, goal, etc.). Location open to suggestions.

Disclaimer: the organizer is not responsible for bad conditions, etc. If you are a very inexperienced diver, warn us ahead of time to make sure there is someone appropriate willing to look out for you.

Thoughts?

- ChillyWaters

I'm all for a monthly dive. I'm pretty much free on weekends and evenings, so I can usually dive with a day or so of notice. i dont' really mind where we go either, just want to go diving.
travis

Travis*N:
I'm all for a monthly dive. I'm pretty much free on weekends and evenings, so I can usually dive with a day or so of notice. i dont' really mind where we go either, just want to go diving.
travis

Well, if we can get some people interested, then let's consider lucky August 13th for our first group dive. I usually prefer a morning dive, but am open to other times as well if there is a reason.

If we wanted to do something interesting like a 10mile night dive, well, there is low current from about 5-11pm ( http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/rac/2005-08-13 ).

Cheers,
ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Well, if we can get some people interested, then let's consider lucky August 13th for our first group dive. I usually prefer a morning dive, but am open to other times as well if there is a reason.

If we wanted to do something interesting like a 10mile night dive, well, there is low current from about 5-11pm ( http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/rac/2005-08-13 ).

Cheers,
ChillyWaters

I just look at my current atlas and the best time is between 9:00 and 10:00, perfect time for a good night dive. If I got the time I will be there. After all Ten Miles is the best night dive in Victoria.

Al

Hyper-limits:
I just look at my current atlas and the best time is between 9:00 and 10:00, perfect time for a good night dive. If I got the time I will be there. After all Ten Miles is the best night dive in Victoria.

Al

Sounds good to me. Hopefully I won't be working Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom