Video Editing Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OSensei

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all.

I recently started shooting uw video and selected Pinnacle Studio as my editing software. I have had nothing but problems with the program and their Tech Support has no clue how to help me either.

I even went ahead and purchsed a new computer with a 3.8 ghz processor, 2 gigs of RAM, a 160 gb hard drive and a high end video card. Still doesn't work.

Be warned that this package SUCKS and their tech support sucks even more than the software.

Anyone have any suggestions on what program works well on a PC? ..... and please don't tell me to switch to a MAC.... been down that road and didn't like it.

Thats why I use ULead.

Mac's are pretty darn friendly with video. Especially, the newer versions. Perhaps you used OS 8 and 9 which weren't always seamless.

Given that you spent so many $$$ on a failed PC based editing system, G4's with OS 10.4 are going pretty cheap these days. The new Intel versions can even run Windows.

Mr.X:
Mac's are pretty darn friendly with video. Especially, the newer versions. Perhaps you used OS 8 and 9 which weren't always seamless.

Given that you spent so many $$$ on a failed PC based editing system, G4's with OS 10.4 are going pretty cheap these days. The new Intel versions can even run Windows.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6553260189868317794

You're having problems with the very popular Pinnicle, you've been down the Mac "road". Maybe the problem isn't software or hardware related?? I don't know your background when it comes to software/hardware or editing, but maybe you should bring someone in to help get you set up.

BTW - FCP, can't beat it.

Go for Adobe Premier. Either Premier Elements (the cut down version but it blows the entry - mid level competition away) or Premier Pro the top end product. I tried out and used various editing software and was never happy until I switched to Premier. It is easily hands down the best NLE software for the PC.

Cheers, Simon

JeffG:

ROFL!!! Dam that was funny!!

"Using a Mac is a little different than using a PC. It's not so much operating a computer as it is sort of tricking it, fooling it into what you want it to do "

I use both Macs and PCs and that's by far the best description I've ever heard of the difference between the two of them. Priceless!! :)

Cheers, Simon

JeffG:

Not that I know much about OS's, but the pale fella is holding a G3 Imac which isn't the best by any stretch today, but far better than a comparable PC using Windows 95/98/2000 available at the time. The Imovie software was the best consumer level software available in my book.

To get back on track, I would say that I saw some PC users do some wonderful things with Adobe Premiere and Avid software. X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom