Video Editing Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevenC:
I use Pinnacle Studio 10 and have had no problems

ditto, I also use Pinnacle Studio 10 with no problems!

In fact, my teenage daughter brought over a friend's tape and loaded it into the program and created a video for school all by herself with only a 5 minute lesson from me. So in 30 minutes she had a class field trip edited and burned to DVD. She took it into class the next day and everyone was very impressed.

On the Pc, two choices really: Premiere Pro or Vegas 6. Simple as that. Stability award goes to Vegas 6 though - Rock solid and virtually hardware neutral. IF looking for a cost effective solution - Get Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition - only consumer app I know of right now that will allow HD material to be brought in and edited. Has many of the same features as Vegas 6 so if you do find the need to move up, the learning curve is minimal. And Vegas is a killer app for audio editing as well.

Premiere Pro - better hardware support - but more hardware intensive - has been used to edit some fairly large Indie movies, but you really need a current machine with lots of RAM and HD space to get the full benefit of the app. Boxx technologies would be my choice for a new computer if I were to edit anything with the current iteration of PPro.

HTH,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom