Video editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could some one please recommend some software to use, looking for something free and not complicated to use?
Im new to this, so easy to use would be good too.
Thank you.

I have tried a few free trials plus Microsoft. I am no computer wizerd so I needed easy.
Movie Magix is the one I chose.

Thanks for your suggestion, but ive purchased Adobe premier elements 11 and theres absolutely no money left in the kitty, its working great for me and has helped salvage my blue or green film footage.

I have tried a few free trials plus Microsoft. I am no computer wizerd so I needed easy.
Movie Magix is the one I chose.

I tested the trial versions of both Movie Magix and Pinnacle HD Ultimate 15 but found the latter to be slightly better, slightly more powerful.
Both programs are roughly in the 80 Euros price range if I remember well.
And both programs crash from time to time.

See here for a sample video I edited with Pinnacle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9TCdCbX6U

Has anyone else tried these two programs?

I use Pinnacle 16 and have been happy enough...but...GoPro just released a new version of their Cineform program, Studio 2.0, and Pinnacle loses the audio when reading MP4s from the new version!!!! I found a copy of the previous Cineform version in my Downloads folder and have re-installed it, but this could be a concern if you're working with GoPros.

I use Pinnacle 16 and have been happy enough...but...GoPro just released a new version of their Cineform program, Studio 2.0, and Pinnacle loses the audio when reading MP4s from the new version!!!! I found a copy of the previous Cineform version in my Downloads folder and have re-installed it, but this could be a concern if you're working with GoPros.

Thanks a lot!
Luckily I don't use any GoPro, I have a Nikon CoolPix P300 and an Olympus Tough TG-1.

Pinnacle Studio 15 HD Ultimate cannot work with videos from the latter camera, though, I have to convert them first using MPEG_Streamclip_1.2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom