Video editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried several, during the free trial, which is hard to do considering that yes you get a free trial but it is a watered down (pun intended) version. So not a real trial. With that said, I found Muvee to be the easiest to do. I am nowhere even close to being a dedicated editor and really hate spending three days in from of the computer editing video for a 3 minute product. Right now Muvee has a special and you get a lot for the $79.00. Just my input.

I've been a photographer for years and know a lot of videographers who say the best software you can get is Sony Vegas .. I've tried it , so confusing but once I figured it out .. It was amazing

......I found Muvee to be the easiest to do. I am nowhere even close to being a dedicated editor and really hate spending three days in from of the computer editing video for a 3 minute product. Right now Muvee has a special and you get a lot for the $79.00. Just my input.

Editing video is not for everyone. Good computer skills are a big part of whether or not you will like to edit video. I really enjoy editing because I can control and choose the video to be exactly the way I want. It's kind of a form of art where you create and express your vision. When I finish a video, I get a sense of satisfaction. I'm not calling myself an artist, I'm just using the analogy.

Muvee looks like a good product for people who don't want to edit. It's basically an automatic video editor and will fit many people's needs.

I have no experience in underwater video put from my time editing for independent film makers i personally liked Final cut pro on mac osx and than later on adobe premiere pro both windows and mac. Premiere elements is good to if you don't want to do lots of drastic editing. what you use really depends a lot on your budget as well. Both Premiere and final cut have a steep learning curve and cost around 300 and up depending on the version you get. Premiere elements is nice because its cheep and relatively easy to use and if you decide to move up to premiere pro you already know the basics of how it works and some of the tools you have at your disposal.
Just my 2₵

Just spent most of the day playing with Windows movie maker. Not to complicated to figure out. I couldn't edit any colours though.
How much can you improve videos when you have the feature to be able to do so?
I played with AVS video editor for a little bit but struggled to improve the colours in my videos. Any tips please on how to adjust the different sliders to achieve decent results?

If your looking to adjust colors the best color correction software IMO is davinci resolve and there is a free version which should work for most people. Works on both windows and osx
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom