VOMITING WHILE SCUBA DIVING IS IT POSSIBLE? - Abyss Ocean World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just as an aside: I work in tech product management, have managed an ad operations team (who focused on online ads that were always marked as ads) & also worked in the news industry. What the OP is doing in this particular post doesn't fall under what most in the tech industry consider click bait. (Here's a good definition of click bait from Tech Crunch.)

But the other article noted by @Joneill falls into the gray area of kinda click bait. :)

Thanks NY--I always like when some new phrase pops up get explained to computer-dumb me. Actually, the long description confirms about what I thought it meant.

As for "chunks". I would think ANY amount of old vomit in my mouth would be so gross that it would come across as "chunks".

I'm not so thorough to reach out to the guy and ask, "Exactly how big were those chunks?" :wink:

Click bait or not, good advice...I vomited thru my reg and didn't purge and chocked on some inhaled chunks...pretty scary at 28M in a ripping current...I could barely breath but not catch my breath and luckily my buddy\guide was right there. I grabbed his BCD to make sure I didn't bolt and up we went to do a safety stop. On the surface the look on his face was oh my god my client almost drowned, I was still puking on the safety stop and it was one of the most frightening experiences I've had. Now I always purge after each puke.

Click bait or not, good advice...I vomited thru my reg and didn't purge and chocked on some inhaled chunks...pretty scary at 28M in a ripping current...I could barely breath but not catch my breath and luckily my buddy\guide was right there. I grabbed his BCD to make sure I didn't bolt and up we went to do a safety stop. On the surface the look on his face was oh my god my client almost drowned, I was still puking on the safety stop and it was one of the most frightening experiences I've had. Now I always purge after each puke.

Wow. That's scary as hell. But that last sentence makes it sound like you are continuously puking on dives...?!?

Yes. Keep reg in, grit your teeth and blow. Your first response after is to inhale.

You could also put your octo in, rinse the primary reg out really well (swish it around in the water), then switch back.....

I never vomited while diving but I once got seasick while bobbing on the surface in 4ft seas in the Keys.

I once got seasick while bobbing on the surface in 4ft seas in the Keys.
Hopefully you were encouraged to go for distance and sound. Xtra points if you hit another diver. 10X if you make them puke as well. Who said Scuba wasn't a contact sport?

Wow. That's scary as hell. But that last sentence makes it sound like you are continuously puking on dives...?!?

This puking episode was caused by having peanut butter at breakfast and it giving me gas and indigestion and combining that with my stomach doesn't respond to gas at depth well. Took me a week to figure out it was the peanut butter and puking on most the dives. I pretty much have it dialed in these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom