VOMITING WHILE SCUBA DIVING IS IT POSSIBLE? - Abyss Ocean World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either way, his portrait still hangs on our cabin wall, 500 miles North of Winnipeg.
His portrait or the Warhammer maneuver? It got named that only because Greg shared it.

His portrait or the Warhammer maneuver? It got named that only because Greg shared it.
The maneuver.

Absolutely, buy a regulator! Unless you think you got certified to do a few dives and quit...get your own regulator! When you own it, you can get it serviced between dives. So, not only do you know it's clean...you know it will work!

pDbBYqx.gif

Getting back to the original title - Yes, I have spewed several times due to sudden onset migraines not sea sickness.

I grab onto a rock if one is nearby, spew thru my reg, any chunks that are too big are spat out when i purge, remove and swap to octo....and repeat.

Trick is just staying calm.

Came across this thread today. Thought the OP did a nice job of pointing out information on a topic that some divers are likely to experience at some time. As I read each post (yes I read them all) I went from regretting doing so and being grossed out to laughing out loud.

Just experienced throwing up for the first time ever while scuba diving on my last dive trip. Being a light eater on the day of morning dives, I guess I was hungry this particular day and had Corn Pops. The water was a little rough and waiting out the surface interval was not easy as another person on the boat was struggling so much that she didn't even do the first dive. As divers were entering the water for the second dive I could tell I was getting close to being sick and was trying to hurry to get in. As I did a giant stride and just before my head went under, I started to heave Corn Pops. I descended to about 5 feet and continued to heave. I can say that my Aqua Lung Mikron reg performed beautifully although the chunks of Corn Pops weren't so beautiful to see. Finally stopped and did the dive but was really wiped out afterward.

I've done it due to seasickness, carbon monoxide poisoning ( who can say that), hungover, etc. All OC. Phobia? I will not take that personal since you don't know me. But whatever - do what you want and think is a myth "Chairman".
So do u also train for o2 seizures? It's involuntary. I can not imagine breathing or continuing to breath a reg with pieces. The sand issue begs the question, was it being used? I can stuff all kind of things in a 2nd stage that under use would not be there. Normal breathing would blow the pieces out. Study the schematic on a second stage or on a sp 2nd. I'm out. Do what you want!

Back
Top Bottom