Warm Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Thought a 3mm would be enough since I also dive the Springs that are 68. I was wrong.

Not to overtake this but I thought the springs ran a constant 72 all the time?

In South Florida I registered 70 this winter. Wednesday it was 77 at 15’

I’m diving southern Lake Michigan next weekend. I’ll be sure to report back on water temp.

Not to overtake this but I thought the springs ran a constant 72 all the time?

In South Florida I registered 70 this winter. Wednesday it was 77 at 15’

The lower springs may be that. The upper springs that I have dove like Vortex and Morrison are 68 year round.

The lower springs may be that. The upper springs that I have dove like Vortex and Morrison are 68 year round.
Yeah that's what I've been told. I took several courses and did other dives a decade ago at Vortex and my gauge read about 63F a couple of times (not always).

Swimming in 68° water during the summer must be wonderful. Diving in it, not so much (I don't do wetsuits).

Swimming in 68° water during the summer must be wonderful. Diving in it, not so much (I don't do wetsuits).

We have one DM in our group that never wears a wetsuit when we are diving the springs. I think I could do it for one dive but that would be my one dive for the day.

Air temperature for me is a major factor as to whether I do one or 2 shore dives in a day. I have done only one dive at times in my 7 mil farmer john in November with water temps. still in the high 50s. But too cold on a SI to do a second dive.
Yet once I did 2 dives in Mass. in 56F water using only my shorty. But the SI meant 90+F to warm up.

You are right about air temp. I also find that wind is a factor, especially for the second dive or when you are done and getting out. A chill breeze or wind can definitely be tough!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom