Watch this video of the Blue Hole of Dahab before it is deleted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Discover Oxygen Toxicity and Basics of Buoyancy Control courses combined with Advanced Hand Signals specialty?

This is 50 Shades of Wrong

Just wondering after hearing many stories from diveguides in Sharm / Dahab. What if someone pays you to guide him to 100m depth, pays upfront for all gasses and shows a full trimix card?
These days, anyone can easily print a card. PADI and SSI have an online verification of dive certification, how about other agencies?

This guy clearly printed his own card!

I have no experience with doubles, stages, long hose, trimix or any tech diving experience at all but I reckon that even with my measly sub 100 dive count could do better than that!

Buoyancy control - abysmal.
Awareness of surroundings - abysmal
Trim - abysmal
Finning - abysmal

The only things it looked like he did OK were to signal OK and perform a mask clear!

Come on guys, this was a PADI specialty dive....you know, the “OK Sign” specialty!

Even PADI would kick them out I guess :wink:, what a mess :no: Funny to watch though :rofl3:

AJ:
Even PADI would kick them out I guess :wink:, what a mess :no: Funny to watch though :rofl3:
or at least make them pay for a OW refresher course before going back water with them :popcorn:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

While joking is fine, please don't let it escalate to bashing of agencies. There's a line between those two, so make sure you're on the right side of it. Some posts are already a bit too close to that line.

I watched the video again... is it normal to mount stage/deco tanks like that in some situations, the neck bolt snap attaching to the end of a long piece of webbing hanging around?
is it quicker to descend that way or something?
the other divers seem to use it as well. a bounce dive setup of a kind?
It looks like a bit uncomfortable to me o_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom