Waterproof Taurus Combat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dantfarley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a killer deal on the new Waterproof Taurus Combat Semi-dri and wanted to know if anyone has dove with it yet? What temp, how long? You know the ins and outs of the suit.
Any feedback or specs about the suit would greatly help
I am also thinking about getting their semi-dri 6.5mm boots and the 5 finger 5mm gloves

Thanks in advance for your feedback

I have the standard Taurus with the only real difference being the color. If it fits correctly, it'll be just like a drysuit without valves... that's a good and a bad thing. The good news is I stay completely dry save an inch or two on my wrists and ankles. I can literally wear a tshirt underneath and have it stay bone dry. The downside is that with no valves, I get pretty massive squeeze at depth. at 100'+ I get nasty T-shaped bruises on my back where the drysuit zipper bulkheads are. They don't hurt but they look ugly for a few days.

Remember to "fold under" the seals so that the silver "smoothskin" side is against your skin. That's what creates the seal. And, once you hit the water you'll likely need to get neutral then "burp" it by pulling the neck seal to let all the air that's trapped inside, out.

Enjoy, I LOVE my Taurus and wouldn't trade it for anything but a drysuit (and sometimes not even that)

Back
Top Bottom