Wearing dive gear on the plane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone ever tried this? Such as wearing a BCD and wetsuit (wetsuit under clothes)?

I wonder if the TSA would let you wear a BCD on the plane. LOL!

A micro bikini maybe, other stuff probably not :D

I would think that you'd overheat with the wetsuit on. I don't think they'd let you wear a BCD, though.

You can wear whatever you want as long as it doesn't conflict with the prohibited list.

Wetsuit - yes
Snorkel - yes
Dive computer - yes
Gloves - yes
Booties - yes
Rash Guard - yes
Dry Suit - yes

Dive Knife - no
Defog 12oz bottle - no
Speargun - no
Scuba Tank - no

I'm just a little curious as to why you would want to wear anything beyond a dive watch.

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Lol! I do realize this is sort of a ridiculous question. I rarely get to dive and I try to get in a dive anytime I can. I am headed to Austin, TX in 2 weeks. I want to carry on luggage to save $50 in fees, but I don't think I could get my gear & clothes in a carry on. I could put my mask, computer, regs in a big purse. The main thing I'm worried about is the fins and the BCD. Worse comes to worst I could rent the BCD. But, I'm just checking my options. :wink:

Last edited:
Have you thought about mailing your gear to your destination? When I was still in SoFla, it was very common to see people in line at the UPS store mailing their gear back home after a dive trip.

Have you thought about mailing your gear to your destination? When I was still in SoFla, it was very common to see people in line at the UPS store mailing their gear back home after a dive trip.

Oh, I never thought of that!

Is there any place worth diving in Austin? I kinda doubt it, but do not know for sure. Now FL, or Cali......

It's better than KC, MO. I don't get to dive enough, so I want to get in the water whenever I can. I'm going to be down there anyway, why not jump in? :wink:

If it's anything like CO the answer is generally because the diving is no good. 5' of vis, cold water, nothing to see.... Granted I've had 30' of vis on occasion in the high mtn lakes. But the best diving in CO is from DIA (Airport) where you are 3hrs from FL, COZ, CA...:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom