Wearing mask on the back of your head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My "white flag" emoji meant "I'm done here". I'm not going down the rabbit hole you've created with this post.

Good day Dr.

OK, but I would use a seagull emoji, which is more commonly used to represent that sort of post....

Nice chart! You forgot the "you're gonna die" category though.

Nope! That's under the heading of "answering the original question"... I mean, it may be a ridiculous answer, but at least they are answering the OP!

:D

And if you always keep that double ender on your mask unless the mask is on your face, you’ll never miss taking a double ender with you.
I prefer having one clipped to my left shoulder D-ring, it feels less obtrusive to me than having it dangling from my mask strap.

I'm pretty certain that if you have it clipped to your mask strap, you're gonna die. Sometime or another, but probably not due to that double-ender.

I've lost one mask when I first started diving. It was on my forehead, and I was getting towed at the surface by my buddy with a DPV. When I shore dive, I have it backwards, out of my way, as I like to stick my face in the water when I take 3 breaths off both my regs. My spare mask has a double ender in my butt pouch. Water is typically calm enough to do not need to put on a mask as I go into the water. When I finish a dive and swim on my back to shore, I pull it down to my neck. Seems to work for me.

I’m just going to leave this right here. It’s an image from a online PADI class

Attachments

• 677389AE-8BBE-4D38-9471-93013274043E.jpeg
    677389AE-8BBE-4D38-9471-93013274043E.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 101
I used to put it backwards, because: 1) I don't loose it 2) it won't get swepped away by waves and 3) it won't pull my hear out... And believe it, the last reason was more or less the most important one. My hair got destroyed big time by always being in the sea/pool...

I prefer having one clipped to my left shoulder D-ring, it feels less obtrusive to me than having it dangling from my mask strap.

I'm pretty certain that if you have it clipped to your mask strap, you're gonna die. Sometime or another, but probably not due to that double-ender.
I store the mask always with a double ender attached. When I put the mask on I of course take the double ender off and clip to right shoulder d-ring.

Back
Top Bottom