Wednesday May 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to be in Monterey and thinking about Diving - would need to rent bc, weights and tanks, but can bring wetsuit fins and reg. Anyone point us in the right direction - should we get a charter or is there some shore diving that anyone wants to show us?

Can't wait to try the Pacific.:D

Monterey Bay Dive Center is a reputable LDS (http://www.montereyscubadiving.com/) that has rentals, charter service, and DM's available for guided tours.

Two relatively easy sites: Breakwater at San Carlos Beach, Monterey; and, Lover's Cove, Pacific Grove -- both are usually accessed as beach dives. Of course there are MANY others.

With a small amount of research, you're sure to learn a lot about each.

Welcome to the Pacific side of the US!

Ben's right. The water temp is about 55 deg, so plan accordingly. You'll need a 7mm wetsuit and a hooded vest. And if you rent them, make sure they fit tight. You don't want that cold water flowing through your wetsuit.

I'd show you the spots, but I'm leaving for Europe the next day, so diving for me is out.

Ben_ca:
How thick is your wetsuit? Gloves and hood are also a must.

We dive quarries up here. Temps run low 50's to high 40's for a lot of the diving we do. Avatar pic just happened to be tropical vacation style. We have hoods and gloves and 7mil with 14 core. Works for quarry temps, hopefully it will be good out there.

Thanks for all of the info. No takers for jumping in with us huh?

Mrs.Prages:
No takers for jumping in with us huh?
Will probably be working that day unless you dive after 4. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom