Weight Pouch Slipping on bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I tried searching, maybe I'm not putting in the right words.

I use a generic weight pouch on a bp/w at / near the hips. Small one ~ 5lbs I think. The problem is it likes to slide forward during a dive. I put a keeper, but it slides over it. What do people do?

Thanks...

i have the same issue with my hog drop weights, but an extra D-ring infront of it has always been enough to stop it.

I have these;
Deluxe Small Weight Pocket

Mr. Randy at pirahna suggested these;
Weight Belt / Pocket Holding Clip

My issue with these is they look like they could fall off then I'm back to square one.

A picture might help us know what you are talking about.
I don't have a picture, but I could get one if really needed. The weight pouch slides on the 2" webbing but no way of locking it in place where I want it, slides forward while diving. Not sure what the pic would clarify more than the description (not trying to be ignorant).

i have the same issue with my hog drop weights, but an extra D-ring infront of it has always been enough to stop it.

So do you just have 2 d rings, one on each side?

Try threading keeper the opposite way. Meaning instead of up and over try down and under. Does this make sense?

I can try that.

You might try using something rigid like the Halcyon Light Retainer Stick in between the keeper and weight pouch. Also I there are oversized triglides in both SS and plastic that I suspect would keep it in place.

https://www.diveseekers.com/Halcyon_Light_Retainer_Stick_p/hal-60.010.001.htm

I need to get one of those to stow the long hose anyway. It's a pain stuffing in waist belt. Do you know a place that has the oversized triglides to have a look?

Try threading keeper the opposite way. Meaning instead of up and over try down and under. Does this make sense?
They kind of seem like an odd design. The diverite pouches have a "bar" attachment point at the end of the pouch so you can firmly attach with just a slider. These don't seem to have anything like that, just a piece of webbing that you slide your waist webbing through. Then as you're experiencing it will slide wherever it wants along the waist webbing.

I think I'd put a d-ring and slider on either side of where i wanted this pouch. I can't think of another way to secure it exactly where you want it. If the webbing loops on the weight pouch are tight enough, you might just be able to use toothed sliders on either side of it, skipping the d-rings. I'd try that first, as it's less "stuff" on your harness. In this case you'd have toothed slider, pouch, toothed slider.

Toothed slider: 50mm-toothed-slider.jpg

Alternatively you could replace the pouches with something that has a better attachment setup like the diverite pouches. The main drawback there of course is cost. They're expensive and you already have the HOG pouches. I'm sure there must be other options for pouches with a more secure attachment point if you shop around.

They kind of seem like an odd design. The diverite pouches have a "bar" attachment point at the end of the pouch so you can firmly attach with just a slider. These don't seem to have anything like that, just a piece of webbing that you slide your waist webbing through. Then as you're experiencing it will slide wherever it wants along the waist webbing.

I think I'd put a d-ring and slider on either side of where i wanted this pouch. I can't think of another way to secure it exactly where you want it. If the webbing loops on the weight pouch are tight enough, you might just be able to use toothed sliders on either side of it, skipping the d-rings. I'd try that first, as it's less "stuff" on your harness.

Toothed slider: View attachment 479004

Tbh, they were bought as trim weights to go on cam bands, for which they work perfect. We went to the warm ocean away from the cold quarries and didn't need but a little weight, so I ditched all except for these on the waist. I need to look at the dive rite weights, maybe I just need different pouches instead of re-invemting the wheel....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom