What are your personal limits as a solo diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No depth limit I dive the same with or without a buddy but usually the dive buddy keeps me from going deeper because of experence or preference.

I also have no limit for the solo.
Because I'm an experienced instructor and I've made a lot of dives for classes and guiding people under the water around the world during the last 25 years, I like to dive solo so I can enjoy the time underwater and not checking gauges, air, ecc. of other people.
As for the limit, I repeat, I have no limit since I feel myself more confortable to listen only my bubble around.
In my opinion Diving is silence and clear water.
Ciao from Italy.

I have developed a set of favorite dive charters, captains and 30 - 40 foot sites. As long as I am with there with them, I often dive solo. I know the captians and mates are well aware of me being down alone and they know I will not venture far from the boat. They probably know where I am better than some buddies I have been paired up with. I love photography and feel like I can spend more time in one spot trying to get that great shot when I am by myself.

These limits will be totally different dependent on each pesons experience level.We dive off our boat alot-not as much solo as I used to-But I always go down and check the anchor 1st-check current strength and direction-because we often dive in isolated regions -and depending on when the current is coming up(know how to use tide tables-though they aren't totally reliable)-because I definately want to make it back to the boat!Other than that, I just wouldn"t do any thing I'm not experienced to do.But I'm verrryy careful.Peace...Saildiver.

I dive to my limits never to push them.....solo diving has given me a new perspective of inner peace while diving. I know my limits and only push them when I am ready too.

Wow

I didn't expect so many comments so fast.

Maybe there are more of us solo divers than I thought.

Anybody want to compare notes?

Deba

DMP:
I dive to my limits never to push them.....solo diving has given me a new perspective of inner peace while diving. I know my limits and only push them when I am ready too.

There is definitely a peace that comes with solo diving. I enjoy diving with buddies too but now and then a solo dive is nice.

matt_unique:
There is definitely a peace that comes with solo diving. I enjoy diving with buddies too but now and then a solo dive is nice.

I agree with you on that....buddies are good to have around when you feel like showing off what you have found on a solo dive.

deba:
Wow

I didn't expect so many comments so fast.

Maybe there are more of us solo divers than I thought.

Anybody want to compare notes?

Deba

I have ran into some on other threads, I do not know if they will join this one though. The only problem is you can't advertise outside of this one.......MOD beat down will occur

DMP:
I have ran into some on other threads, I do not know if they will join this one though. The only problem is you can't advertise outside of this one.......MOD beat down will occur

I saw the opposite occur recently, someone based solo diving and a couple solo divers, including 1 mod, beat down on him... I was impressed.

I'm not aware of any restrictions on telling people you are solo diving, although if you talk about it on the DIR board, then you might be rightfully accused of trolling, unless you are "pseudo-DIR-esque" in all other aspects I suppose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom