What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with a Oceanic Data Plus 2
It's a wrist mount
I like it. It's easy to use, easy to read and a good value for the
money.
Bought from my LDS for $260
:tree: Bob

I use Suunto Cobra w/compass. Bought the Suunto Vyper for my wife.

I like them both, but really enjoy the air integration of the Cobra.

I bought them from Leisure-Pro, paid less than $500 for the Cobra and I think around $300 for the Vyper.

I'm very happy with both and had no problems buying from LP.

own a AERIS 500AI loaded with the compass and Quick hose disconnect paid 639.00 so bought the PC downloading modual
for an extra 110 from my LDS that still has them instock

Aladin Air Z O2 - wrist mounted, very happy with it (now I have turned the annoying beeps off as I am a gas hog!).

Not really sure how much I paid for it as I bought it with a load of other kit and got a staff discount on the whole lot.

On the lookout now for a VR3 as I am getting into that swapping gas thing and don't want to "bend" the Aladin which I will continue to use for recreational stuff.

Jonathan

I have a Aladin Nitrox Pro with Air Integration.

Easy to read and wrist mounted.

Easily to downoad profile to a PC via memomouse.

Easy via PC to change settings.

Best piece of dive kit I have bought!!!!

I have the Suunto Mosquito

--

Haven't used it yet, but it's easy to understand and I like the size (Wrist Watch size/style)

--

Bought at my LDS for $399.99 which is a lot more than the $250 "Buy it Now" price on eBay, but that's the way it goes... It was a tough decision and even tougher on the checkbook, but I had to take my own advice.

Boot mount Genesis resource.

It has served me very well. I can't remember how much I paid for it.

Tom

Both units below are wristmount - no air integration.

#1:

Uwatek Aladin Sport (air only) - bought at a shop in the Caymans when I got sick and tired of being the first back on the boat every dive because of the tables square profiles (everyone else had computers). I think around 275 US (probably a high price but I didn't care at the time) a few years ago.

I've been very happy with it and will probably give it to my nephiew as he wants to get into diving and will be old enough next year (I won't let him use it till he has at least 5-10 dives after OW done as I want to be sure he's fully familiar with the tables).

#2:

Cochran Comander 2 gas nitrox - LDS purchase for quite a bit due to getting several options like extended memory and battery life.

As it records and calculates data every second instead of every 5 or 10 seconds as many of the current computers do, you can really see clearly what you were doing when you look at the profile on a PC screen after downloading the unit.

The 2 gas version allows for a second, higher O2% nitrox sling or pony bottle for decompression gass at the end of a dive.

Also got the optional yellow backlighting ($60 US) as my buddy has colorvision problems and has dificulty with red. He got the same modle/options as we figure we dive together with almost identical profiles so this allows us to be somewhat redundant for each other should either computer fail.

So far, the only complaint I have heard about it is that the temperature gauge is very slow to react and because of this it tends to read high on short, cold dives. My buddy also isn't all that impressed with the software package (sold seperately in regular and pro versions).

Personaly, I think the software is just fine but I guess it's a preference thing.

The price can be anywhere from around 300 US or so to over 1200 depending on what options you want it to have. It is also upgradeable for any options you didn't initially take by sending it back to the factory for upgrades (and paying for them... :) ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom