What did you buy that you absolutely loved?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me it woulf be my Genesis Blitz split fins they are Positive Buoyant and move me through the water with ease.Also is my Tilos Shadow mask with purge valve it fits great.

My Akona rock boots. My feet used to kill me after climbing up and down the banks at Vista Point. My rock boots have a better tread than my hiking bots.

My Darkbuster 24 watt HID dive light. Why? Because it outputs a whopping 1750 Lumens for less than 400 bucks (on Scubatoys.com). No other dive light comes close until you spend over 1300 bucks. Lithium Ion recharge batts too.

So why I love it is because I dive shipwrecks in lake erie, where every noon dive is night dive, and on my tropical dives, it is bright enough to (barely) not need a strobe for still photos, and makes an excellent video light (I've seen several cable UW programs where the videographers use several Darkbusters as their main vid lights, as well as the "Into the Blue" movie).

Best of all I use black light filters on it for my biofluorescent night dives where some corals light up with neon colors that have to be seen to be believed.

my mares volo power fins

i used to use jetstream ( an older pair but still in great condition)

it was a bit of a workout but with the volo's, less work and more propulson

A drysuit for the Pacific NW waters (nothing like getting out of the water, with snow flurries, and only needed to towel dry your hair.

A Suunto Cobra - I prefer AI and console based. Nice ergonomics, great battery life and does everything I could ask.

Mi-flex hoses. Pack better and are much lighter.

A tropical beannie. Just enough to keep me warm in 80+ water.

DUI 30/30 "tropical" drysuit - far and away the best money I've spent on scuba gear!

RJP.jpg

A dry suit for WARM water? I know you're thinking "You gotta be kidding me!!!"

Nope - I kid you not.

This is the greatest, most under-rated, under-talked about piece of dive gear in the entire scuba industry.I've worn mine in Truk Lagoon, Cayman Islands, Bonaire, Curacao, Hawaii, Florida, everywhere. You may be the only person diving dry in those locations (I know my buddy and I were) but you will also be the only person doing a 90min night dive at the Town Pier in Bonaire when everyone else gets out after 1/2hr. You will also be the only person who does 5 dives a day, every day, on the Truk Odyssey without even blinking about it. You will probably be the only person who climbs aboard the Cayman Aggressor after a 60min night dive and grabs a tee shirt and a cold beer instead of a robe and a hot cocoa. On the surface it's actually more comfortable and cooler than a wetsuit.

WarmDry.jpg

And it's not wet and clammy when you put it back on! Once you dive one of these you'll never dive wet again!

DUI 30/30 Tropical Drysuit at www.DiveSeekers.com

I added a hood to my tropical gear and haven't had any issues with long dives or repetitive tropical diving.

Let's see.... wear a hat on my head or one on my..... Well, I'll be keeping the wetsuits.

Force fins, with feet as big as mine, they are essential.

I think I've tweaked my gear to the point that it's more or less a love fest with all of it at this point.

My backplate and wing has made everything so easy. It fits like it's custom...because it is essentially, and it creates a lovely stable platform for anything I want to do.

My rockets with spring straps are another stand out. I love them so much. I don't work at all when I dive now, and I can MOVE when I need to. These fins are the greatest thing ever.

Back
Top Bottom