What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A popular brand dive computer 3-gas switch. User guide contained inconsistencies. The manufacturer wasn't exactly sure how to do gas switches at depth. I now own a Dive Rite Nitek He. User guide is concise and accurate the way it should be when it comes to dive gear.

Sherwood High Pressure 120 Tank
Body Glove 6.5mm Fullsuit

The tank was just way too big and difficult to handle. The Body Glove wetsuit didn't keep me warm at all, even with a 5.0mm vest (inside) and a 5.0mm hooded vest on the outside. Sold both of them at a substantial loss.

CHL

Sherwood High Pressure 120 Tank
Body Glove 6.5mm Fullsuit

The tank was just way too big and difficult to handle. The Body Glove wetsuit didn't keep me warm at all, even with a 5.0mm vest (inside) and a 5.0mm hooded vest on the outside. Sold both of them at a substantial loss.

CHL

My local dive shop owner has been telling me how he loves his HP Steel 120. I've been tempted, but he's a big guy and I have found that the HP Steel 100 is enough for me. I'll stick with my steel HP 80s and 100s.

I appreciate your post, as sometimes I have been tempted by those great prices, but bigger is not better - just ask my knees when I jump and climb around on the jetties.

drdaddy

2 Sealife cameras. they both broke after 8 dives and 2 dives. $700 wasted.

dive skins. never use em.

Arm mounted slate. keeps slipping off

So, did you get a different camera then? What did you replace it with?

My local dive shop owner has been telling me how he loves his HP Steel 120. I've been tempted, but he's a big guy and I have found that the HP Steel 100 is enough for me. I'll stick with my steel HP 80s and 100s.

I appreciate your post, as sometimes I have been tempted by those great prices, but bigger is not better - just ask my knees when I jump and climb around on the jetties.

drdaddy

I have two LP 125's that I love, but there are few divers I'd recommend them, or even the HP 120's, to.

There are a lot of divers who don't usually do a lot of time down deep, and probably even more divers who don't have the strength or height to use them well.

I like having choices, so I also keep my HP100 at the ready for shallow dives. I guess I could consider my two AL80's as more choices, but they just aren't a consideration anymore.

So yeah - for the thread - I regret buying AL80's when I should have bought an HP100 at the time.

I regret buying an Octopus. I have gone to an Octo Z and an Air 2 and love it.
I regret buying a Sea Life camera. It flooded and it was obvious (at least to me) that the O ring had been glued in improperly). They refused warranty service.
I regret buying a cheap set of fins they didn't last
I regret selling my ScubaPro Rocket fins.

Big BCD. Oh, I just had to have that Big BC with the big pockets. And it was so expensive I should get all that bladder and multiple dump valves everywhere...right? What a moron. Packing and lugging that monster all over the carribean is a pain in the ass. If I wasn't so cheap and prefer to save all my money for actual diving, I'd buy the SMALLEST BCD I could get away with...just the minimal amount of lift I would need. Goodbye to the big pockets and three dump valves (which by the way I don't even use).

Unfortunately, you have to travel with it before you learn this. Three years ago when I started diving I got gear crazy right up front. Moron. LADIES you will love this! The cheap bastard that I am, I got my wife this little wing BC. Real small. It was cheaper than mine. She can pack it in a carry-on, carry it with two fingers, and man she slips into the water like a needle and glides at depth like a barracuda. It was God's little joke on me. What a moron.

Back
Top Bottom