What dive computer do I want?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

personnally I went with the Oceanic VT Pro, that found on closeout pricing, and I know a bunch of them are still about, for pretty good prices. It has everything that you want except a compass. And they have a bunch of retractors or alternate mounts that work great.
I found it very easy to navigate the menus both surface and underwater, and the new software that Oceanic has out is fantastic as well.

Alot of people are saying VT Pro, with the bonus it's recently been discounted. But I'd go with it's replacement:

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_vt3.html

After all price is not object and it looks really cool. Plus:
Wireless AI
Wrist or retracable mount w/ compass
Balance between small package and big display
you can replace the batts
very user friendly
Looks cool! (just kidding)

I'm getting one! I bet you'll trade in your Uwatec for one too!

I actually dive with three (yes 3) computers the Smart2, a VT Pro and Atom 2. Each one has a few different features but I still like the Smart 2 best of all.

I usually suggest that both divers in a buddy team dive the same BRAND of dive computer because the conventional wisdom holds that the algorithms will be the same. You already have one Uwatec so why not consider the Uwatec Smart 2. It is hose less, air integrated, nitrox compatible and (in my opinion) very easy to read through profiles and screens. Put the compass on a retractile slate - easier navigation.

Carribeandiver:
May you all have a safe, happy and blessed 2007 full of phenomenal viz diving.
You too!
About the subject. What ever you choose (I like suunto with BIG screen), it's good for both of you to have computers with same algorithms, and more convenient to have one set of pc-sofware.

The elite t3 is a great computer, its the one I use personally and I have sold a good many of them. I sent you a PM about it. Let me know if I can help you out.

Brent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom