What do you put on your D-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When traveling in warm water destinations, I rarely have pockets to stick stuff into...so the various things that go onto my drings include:

camera
smb/spool
wetnotes

in addition to the standard primary reg, backup lights, spg, etc...

What do people do particularly with the DSMB? I have the DAN one and it is quite big to dangle with a spool from a d-ring. (It might be overkill, but we are doing a few drift dives this month when we get to Playa and I want to incorporate it into my setup.)

I've got two loops of bungy on the bottom of my plate. For OW dives, I secure the DSMB there and clip the tail of it off to the butt D-ring in the event it somehow pulls out of the bungies.

If I'm doing a dive requiring multiple lift bags, I zip tie a Dive Rite quick draw sleeve to either side of the plate and put a lift bag in each.

That's where I hang all of my big lead weights. Doesn't everyone do it that way? (JK)

I've been trying to find some use for them, so I started clipping my mask to one of my D-rings on surface intervals. Other than that, I just kinda stair at them in wonder.

SPG cliped to my lower left d-ring, my SMG to my lower back d-ring that way it's always out of the way, when I use my reel I clip it to my lower right d-ring. I keep my wrist compass attached to my LP inflater hose

Left hip: deco tank when in use
Left chest: deco tank when in use, SPG (always) and small flashlight
Right chest: small flashlight and primary regulator when not in use
Right hip: spools

Back
Top Bottom