What does the R in DIR stand for?

What does the R in DIR stand for?

• Right

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • Righteous

Votes: 41 54.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc once bubbled...

However, it's the DIR diver who proclaims loudly that all others are strokes and "accidents waiting to happen" that give that philosophy a bad name. You see, the problem is with the skewed attitudes a few of the DIR divers. They have perverted a good solid system and have made it their job to critique all other divers it terms of "strokiness". We have very, very few of those divers on our board. We simply won't allow them the unfettered ability to post offensively. Let's face it, most DIR divers will never have the word "humble" associated with them.

Most DIR divers, especially if they've taken GUE courses, are VERY humble - they just don't post ad-nauseum in these ridiculous arguements. The problem IS with the skewed few that causes all of the animosity. Learn who those few are and learn to ignore them, then seek out others and see if opinions are less abrasive and possibly thought provoking. Those I know will answer my questions and point to literature or other sources for information so I can make an informed decision for myself. They will also tell me why they do things per DIR principles which to me means they are not just a flock of sheep blindly following but have done their homework and have decided the system works for them.

Some of you folks have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on your hands. Instead of continuing the dribble, wouldn't your time be best spent doing a little research so you too can make informed decisions that just might make you a safer diver??

DIR has some great ideas to start from but personally I like DICE(Doing It Close Enough) For example double bladders and rbod also thier opostion to swivels. Yes they involve 2 more O-Rings, but their failure rate is lower than that of a seat or hose.

Define too much.

pos-tech once bubbled...
Yes they involve 2 more O-Rings, but their failure rate is lower than that of a seat or hose.

Can you back that up, or is it just obvious?

diveski once bubbled...

Most DIR divers, especially if they've taken GUE courses, are VERY humble - they just don't post ad-nauseum in these ridiculous arguements

Some of you folks have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on your hands. Instead of continuing the dribble, wouldn't your time be best spent doing a little research so you too can make informed decisions that just might make you a safer diver??

I see your new here. Welcome.

What is dribble and what's wrong with it? This is a chat board and we chat.

Do you think we haven't done research and are less than safe because of it?

Do you know many DIR divers?

By any chance did you participate in the class last weekend?

Thank you all for participating in a controversial and much mis-understood thread.

The Moral of this Story:

Best not to personalize the issues. For when we do, our field of view narrows into our instinct for self preservation. We are now defending ourselves, and find it increasingly difficult “to see” another perspective.

The End

Scuba,
(Not sore from all the pounding back and forth, but definitely dizzy from all the spinning round and round.) :)

there is no moral to this story, are you kidding

:D

pos-tech once bubbled...
DIR has some great ideas to start from

They devloped one great idea....

The package deal...well actualy the stole it from McDonald's
the meal deal
Big Mac, Fries, and a Coke. or you can just order the Number 1

the number 1 is the package deal.

DIR is the package deal.

for the diver who is thinking about Tech diving but is ancious to get started or does not want to take the time to research gear, decompression, philosophy, or the other aspects of tech diving.

they can buy the DIR package deal number DIR

It is a great package deal, with everything you need to start tech diving, everything figured out, and laid out for you.

this is a great idea. it will get the newbie started in tech diving that much sooner in their diving carrier.

it even comes with a Happy Meal version for those recreational divers who are not quite ready for the full meal deal. but it lays the ground work for when they grow up.

Just when I thought this thread was going to die a natural death . . .

AquaTec once bubbled...

They devloped one great idea....

The package deal...well actualy the stole it from McDonald's
the meal deal
Big Mac, Fries, and a Coke. or you can just order the Number 1

the number 1 is the package deal.

DIR is the package deal.

for the diver who is thinking about Tech diving but is ancious to get started or does not want to take the time to research gear, decompression, philosophy, or the other aspects of tech diving.

they can buy the DIR package deal number DIR

It is a great package deal, with everything you need to start tech diving, everything figured out, and laid out for you.

this is a great idea. it will get the newbie started in tech diving that much sooner in their diving carrier.

it even comes with a Happy Meal version for those recreational divers who are not quite ready for the full meal deal. but it lays the ground work for when they grow up.

here we go for round . . . ok, I lost count.

BTW, this has been very interesting to follow. Lots of good points and things to think about.

Chepar
any good tech diving in Hawaii, deep wrecks etc.

pm me so we stay on topic here

Back
Top Bottom