What form of air source redundancy?

What form of air source redundancy do you use when solo diving?

• Doubles

Votes: 47 26.7%
  • Single with an h or y valve and two 1st stages

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Single with a pony

Votes: 89 50.6%
  • Single with a Spare Air or other similar device

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Single alone ... no redundancy

Votes: 23 13.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None. I pack a 130 to 3600 and I don't do entry or overhead. I have thought about sliding a 30 down the anchor line on a ring...but have always trusted my equipment to do the job. Much of our diving becomes de facto solo because when we spear fish, we split up and take both sides of a ledge. Only if I am taking someone new, would I have a partner on my side. I am going to get a 13 pony set up so if anyone has a good stage/reg set up to recommend please do. Thanks.

I don't dive solo so I can't really answer, the best I can say is that if I did dive solo, doubles would be my choice.

You're hanging out with the VooDoo crowd here so You should Solo Dive some of the time... Besides, It would make a great chapter to add to your book :wink:

Back to the thread ......

I have my Primary and my Octo and also.....
I use a totally scandalous harness I designed and made that is hooked up to a side slung 19 pony that feeds a Aries Atmos 2 ~ 1st stage and a Dacor Viper Reg. I have an inflator hose on the pony set up too so I could breath off the inflator if I had to.
That basicly gives me 4 air sources.

Back to the thread ......

I have my Primary and my Octo and also.....
I use a totally scandalous harness I designed and made that is hooked up to a side slung 19 pony that feeds a Aries Atmos 2 ~ 1st stage and a Dacor Viper Reg. I have an inflator hose on the pony set up too so I could breath off the inflator if I had to.
That basicly gives me 4 air sources.

If it's scandalous harness from your unique perspective you absolutely have to post some photo's:D

You're hanging out with the VooDoo crowd here so You should Solo Dive some of the time... Besides, It would make a great chapter to add to your book :wink:
I simply can't, it runs counter to the vintage of kool-aid I drink.
:D

If it's scandalous harness from your unique perspective you absolutely have to post some photo's:D

Well...Ok

Attachments

• Cheez-Popper.JPG
    Cheez-Popper.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom