What is a semi-dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No it will not because Neoprene is permeable, water leaks through it (albeit slowly) like a sponge.

normally neoprene is closed cell rubber, so almost no water gets trough it. You also have lots of dry-suits made of neoprene

Can you take a regular wetsuit and glue in the neck/wrist seals made for a dry suit? Will that make it completely dry (except for the zipper).

Has anyone tried this?

The zipper of most wet-suits ends at the neck, so you won't be able to glue a neckseal there

normally neoprene is closed cell rubber, so almost no water gets trough it. You also have lots of dry-suits made of neoprene

My mistake, you're right. Boy it must have been a late night for me! D'oh!

For the ones with jokes about drysuits being semidry suits I have only one thing to say...
Youre either doing it wrong or your drysuit is crap!

For the ones with jokes about drysuits being semidry suits I have only one thing to say...
Youre either doing it wrong or your drysuit is crap!

My drysuit isn't crap and I'm fairly sure I know how it works by now. Drysuits leak dude.

Back
Top Bottom