What is scuba diving's orange shovel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mello-yellow:
Actually, I have TWO retractors, and I did not buy them until well after 100 dives. I wear my doubles completely separate (no manifold valve), with one SPG on each side. I found that retractors are just the thing to keep these SPG's manageable.

I'll trade you my (used one time) $35 Akona retractor for 10 SS marine grade bolt snaps. :blinking:

Wow, I'm such a newbie...I love me some retractors, jacket BC, snorkel, 3-window mask (well, the I got the mask 'cause it doesn't leak around my beard so that might be acceptable), and spring straps.

If you need to advertise you're a diver, you're probably doing less than 50 dives a year.

Well, right after I got certified, I put a "diver down" bumper sticker on my car. The only bumper sticker I've ever owned in my life. And I've got about 300 dives now, and will reach two years of diving in July. The exception that proves the rule, Mo2?

mello-yellow:
What IS a slap strap??

The Slap Strap that essentially replaces your regular strap. I use that on my back up mask that stays in the pocket, as its virtually unbreakable.

The second flavor is the strap cover - which I totally prefer. Pic below.

---
Ken

75865082.9bNq20hu.jpg

TSandM:
Well, right after I got certified, I put a "diver down" bumper sticker on my car. The only bumper sticker I've ever owned in my life. And I've got about 300 dives now, and will reach two years of diving in July. The exception that proves the rule, Mo2?

They're called generalizations because they're generally true.

If you're doing 150 dives a year, you are so far into the <5% of certified divers on the planet you can't even see most of the pack in your rear view mirror.

Generally speaking.

---
Ken

trtldvr:
Although not entirely useless.. A complete set of brand new color coordinated dive gear. Stay away from this person.

A couple with matching gear is a double whammy
Heaven forbid, standardized gear!!! :11: :11:

I have diver down tags on both of our company trucks, one tiny little d/d flag on our bidness cards, and I'm being paid for diving on 3/16, 3/17, and...3/19 as I finish up a job.
I think I'll celebrate by buying a new....ummmm....thinking, thinking...I think this check will have to go towards the DUI TLS, or maybe a tank banger.:crafty:

dldiver:
Wheeze the juice, wheeze the juice!
No wheeze the joooice!
d. :D

(close the windows, any credibility i may have once had is about to go flying out!)

Sorry to break it to ya: Our credibility is long gone by now.

MEAT GROUP!

---
Ken

I like my Orange Whistle it came with my Saftey Mirror that stays in my pocket. the Whistle is Ziptied so I can use it. The retractor :) I have my Wheel, RDP, and slate and DSAT tables on. it Stays attached so that I always know where these are and can use them and offer them to my buddy if need be. Ok so maybe I am a N00b :D

Back
Top Bottom