What is scuba diving's orange shovel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
Are we talking Elvis fans or incompetent instructors?

90% of all instructors are incompetent because they wear BCs with padding and/or a cummerbund?

(See where this goes, yet?)

Walter:
Enjoy your shovel. Padding is useless at depth, it compresses as you descend. It does require extra lead to sink it. Both add to your drag. Not fun in current.

Your point?

Ok, I knew there had to be some reason it was thrown in after the sale with the drysuit free:)
keeps me bruise free on land, I haven't got any natural padding and those webbing straps are a pain on the hike.

I suppose I should get a spare air to go with my padding while I'm at it:14:

trtldvr:
The only people who think padding is useless usually have plenty of natural padding. I love my seasoft pro.

You know, I managed to carry doubles on a stainless steel backplate... no padding. No padding on the straps either.

I've used that rig in the pool too.

Around here it's tank bangers. Try hearing one when you're wearing a thick hood. Good luck :)

Oh and snorkels :)

daniel f aleman:
jeckyll, not at all, I've used a BP/W for 33 years. Halcyon is just over-priced compared to their competition.

Not on e-bay. I managed to find an Evo 60 for under $200 :eyebrow:

freediver:
Bring back the dive flag swimming trunks!!!

Or dive flag anything. If you need to advertise you're a diver, you're probably doing less than 50 dives a year. Not that that's horrible - I mean, if you want to feel like a diver, rock on.

Its just better to dive.

And BTW - 50 million Elvis fans ARE wrong. He still sucks. Turn the page, baby boomer.

---
Ken

Another classic Orange Shovel is a pre-packaged Save a Dive (SAD) kit. If you're still using that pre-build, overpriced, thin walled plastic tube that's falling apart and haven't assembled a legitimate and useful Dry Box its cuz you're lazy, a slacker or just too new to have accrued the experience to put all the stuff you'll likely need into one convienent and sturdy place.

---
Ken

Not being able to set up said gear...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom