What is scuba diving's orange shovel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
Any BC with padding or cummerbund.
I Like my padding:)
and cummerbund.
any reason to avoid padding/cummerbund?
makes me feel like I'm hiking underwater.
I didn't understand about 3/4's of the things mentioned, guess I'll have to figure out what they are as I go.
for example whats an H?
any bonus points for the log book still in the padi bag with the manual and pens and pencil and eraser.:D

daniel f aleman:
Now Walter, 90% of all instructors wear BCs with padding AND cummerbund.

The H: http://www.halcyon.net/

I'm surprised that you're only ranting against Halcyon. I'd think you'd be ranting against all BP/W manufacturers

:rofl3:

JGBrown:
I Like my padding
and cummerbund.
any reason to avoid padding/cummerbund?

Enjoy your shovel. Padding is useless at depth, it compresses as you descend. It does require extra lead to sink it. Both add to your drag. Not fun in current.

daniel f aleman:
Now Walter, 90% of all instructors wear BCs with padding AND cummerbund.

Your point?

jeckyll, not at all, I've used a BP/W for 33 years. Halcyon is just over-priced compared to their competition.

Walter, "50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong..."

The Kraken:
Whistle attached to d-ring . . . mea culpa!

the K

What the heck is wrong with that? If I need my storm whistle I don't want to be fussing for it in a pocket. Besides it's fun to blow it underwater.

As to the OP
Mesh tank covers
Tank Bangers

It's obvious that our answers are colored by our preferred configurations and the diving we all do but it's still an interesting exercise. If it were cut and dried the sport wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Pete

Help me out please! Are we posting about how a beginner is identified or items that we make fun of everyone else for having or did I just accidentally stumble into the gear bashing part of the show? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom