What is scuba diving's orange shovel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naw, doesn't matter what they wear.
04.gif

Mo2vation:
All of this is true. You guys are killing me.

Clear skirted 3 window masks need to be near the top. Aquarium on your grill means new card in your pocket.

Mesh hose covers with matching strain reliefs

Any snorkle over $35

Atomic Split Fins

Neoprene Slap Strap with the Dive shop name on it (or even better, some resort name in Coz where said Orange Shoveler got their resort cert!)

An bright green 02 clean slider on your primary second stage hose (complete with month / year punch out...)

Mesh backpack dive bag (OK OK... some of you WWW's use them. They're worthless in SoCal)

DAN Tag matching your mesh hose wraps and strain reliefs.

An orange whistle clipped to your chest D-Ring
What IS a slap strap??

MBH:
A retractor.

PS. Would anyone like to buy a retractor, cheap? I have one for sale. only used 2 times.
Actually, I have TWO retractors, and I did not buy them until well after 100 dives. I wear my doubles completely separate (no manifold valve), with one SPG on each side. I found that retractors are just the thing to keep these SPG's manageable.

Diver Dennis:
Not being able to set up said gear...:wink:

Haha that would be me, I put my tank backwards the first time, and then didn't turn my air on when I got it the right way round:shakehead
I guess the clearest way to say what I was curious about was gear that does what it is supposed to, but that particular function is totally uneeded and therefore a waste of weight time and money(like the orange shovels:))

Mo2vation:
Clear skirted 3 window masks need to be near the top. Aquarium on your grill means new card in your pocket.

An orange whistle clipped to your chest D-Ring

I like the added periforal vision I get with my modest volume clear skirted 3 window mask thankyouverymuch.

My whistle is yellow and only comes out when boat diving in saltwater.

I got GIVEN my slap strap, so I don't mind at all that it has Dive X-tras logo on it. If that's an orange shovel, it just goes with my orange wing :D

Something that seems like a really good idea at the time, but turns out not to work as expected, and gets replaced very quickly . . . The very definition of an Air2.

daniel f aleman:
jeckyll, not at all, I've used a BP/W for 33 years. Halcyon is just over-priced compared to their competition.

Walter, "50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong..."

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't be runnin' down Elvis fans!

JGBrown:
Haha that would be me, I put my tank backwards the first time, and then didn't turn my air on when I got it the right way round:shakehead

1st day of OW, I struggle to get the neoprene on, zip the thing up and try to figure out why the knee pads are on the back of my legs...

Back
Top Bottom