What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a job once to polish out a vintage Airstream trailer for a guy. He specifically told me not to metal finish out all the dings on the front because they were considered ‘beauty marks”. His fellow Airstream trailer society would know that and look for them when they were on one of their meets.
So I’m going to stick with the same philosophy with my 109’s. Use is a beautiful thing.
However, I have been known to metal finish out a few dings on my 109’s and 1085’s, but have not crossed the OCD line of actually having them re-chromed.
That is one philosophy. Meh, whatever :wink:.

The barbed slip ring/washer under the G250 cover, at least all of mine, long ago the barbs fell off. So now the ring will slip out along with the diaphragm. The slip washer were never exactly retained anyway by those little plastic slivers which see no useful purpose. Sure, they make assembly easier I suppose and help to center the washer, neither of which I see as a difficulty to begin with.

Halos a no go. They wouldn't break set up and wanted $1400 AUD the set which included halcyon B&G SPG, Halcyon reg bag, 2 bolt snaps, 2x 60"lp hose , a 40" lp hose, a 22" lp hose, 24" (?) hp hose. With the Halcyon MK25 first stage.

If any any one is willing to give $700 AUD for everything except the two second stages plus shipping DM me, I know it's an ask.

Offers there. Cheers.

That is one philosophy. Meh, whatever :wink:.

The barbed slip ring/washer under the G250 cover, at least all of mine, long ago the barbs fell off. So now the ring will slip out along with the diaphragm. The slip washer were never exactly retained anyway by those little plastic slivers which see no useful purpose. Sure, they make assembly easier I suppose and help to center the washer, neither of which I see as a difficulty to begin with.
Yes, often multiple tabs broken off, I usually snap them all off as they serve no real world purpose and have some broken it some still intact bothers my OCD.

The G250 Graphites never had those tabs, it's just a clear ring.

Yes, the halos use the face plate pin same as the G250V et al, why, I've no idea.

A pin! What pin? You mean in that little hole on the side of the cover? :eek:

The pin aligns the S vertically once adjusted. And prevents those who are dangerous with tools from being tempted to screw their regulator up. Scubapro must think that anyone who cannot figure out how to pull that pin does not need to be inside the regulator anyways. Just a guess. :kiss:

As I'm sure you are aware they use that pin on almost all current production S270, C370, G260, S620 etc etc. They sure like that pin and as an individually ordered part it's ridiculously expensive.

I always remove it and leave it out. unless you're cross eyed it's not hard to screw on face plate centred.

As I'm sure you are aware they use that pin on almost all current production S270, C370, G260, S620 etc etc. They sure like that pin and as an individually ordered part it's ridiculously expensive.

I always remove it and leave it out. unless you're cross eyed it's not hard to screw on face plate centred.

Yes, I know Scubapro does and I still think it to be largely as a tamper resistent device to keep out folks who would cut their fingers off with a Swiss Army Knife tweezer from molesting the innards of their pretty breathing devices. And Scubapro has a carefully presented "look" (a vanity) that is just lost when the S is all crooked:giggle:. Diving with a crooked S, OMG. You wouldn't:shakehead:, would you?

Yes, I know Scubapro does and I still think it to be largely as a tamper resistent device to keep out folks who would cut their fingers off with a Swiss Army Knife tweezer from molesting the innards of their pretty breathing devices. And Scubapro has a carefully presented "look" (a vanity) that is just lost when the S is all crooked:giggle:. Diving with a crooked S, OMG. You wouldn't:shakehead:, would you?
Agree. And given it's a fairly often asked question here on SB it would appear it serves SPs likely intended purpose🤦‍♂️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom