What is the most logical place to put an Octopus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With this configuration, do you have any concerns about filling an smb? It sounds like it would be difficult to fill an open bottom or duck bill bottom smb or lift bag. Have you ever tried it?
I don't use that kind of D/SMB. When I did, I filled it from my primary anyway, and will still would if I had one to fill. Same with lift bag. If you don't like having your reg out of your mouth for a few seconds, you can pop your necklaced 2nd in while using the primary.

I like the lp hose inflation ones, though I did just get a co2 cartridge one I need to play with.

I like the lp hose inflation ones, though I did just get a co2 cartridge one I need to play with.
Agreed. I covet the CO2-cartridge DSMB!
If I am on a dedicated lift-bag dive, I'll often add another hose with a blower tip for that.

I was inflating my lift bag with my second stage, but doing it that way also seemed to pump a lot of water into the lift bag along with some air. I think the bubbles going up the funnel takes water with it.
So I’m looking at using my LP inflator hose plugged into the special nipple on the lift bag and see if that works better. I’ll put a dedicated longer LP hose on my 1st stage just for this.

I was inflating my lift bag with my second stage, but doing it that way also seemed to pump a lot of water into the lift bag along with some air. I think the bubbles going up the funnel takes water with it.
So I’m looking at using my LP inflator hose plugged into the special nipple on the lift bag and see if that works better. I’ll put a dedicated longer LP hose on my 1st stage just for this.

Seems pointless, you get water in the bag because it's well underwater. You add air which displaces the water and expands to fill more of the bag as it raises.

I don't use that kind of D/SMB. When I did, I filled it from my primary anyway, and will still would if I had one to fill. Same with lift bag. If you don't like having your reg out of your mouth for a few seconds, you can pop your necklaced 2nd in while using the primary.
The question pertains to when you are using the necklace reg and the primary may not work

The question pertains to when you are using the necklace reg and the primary may not work
I don't understand. You mean the working reg I just took out of my mouth is suddenly not working when I use it to inflate a lift bag?

What’s your method for blowing a bag when you’re on the loop?

AP Crack Bottle is a really really really good idea

just adding another inflator hose, is a good idea

Exhaust bubbles if that's what you have, an idea

Which one is best for what situation is a separate discussion. etc etc and some more ideas

What a great post boy what am I cackling about

I think the bubbles going up the funnel takes water with it.
They do. (That's why in another thread the guy with the exploded swivel went to the surface.)
But it doesn't matter. The air pushes the water out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom