What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving off the Breakwater in Monterey a couple of years back and found a Philips Philishave electric razor (waterproof the type you can use in the shower)...still use/works today!!!

I found an old school barber's chair at about 160 feet off of Guam. The pump on the side still works!! It is now my scuba office chair. (I had to put my desk on stilts!).

I found a nive Sony DSC-P100 camera in a case , still worked . Posted adds for a lost camera , and its mine now.

Tom Winters:
You live mauka from the original house on Kalanianaole Highway that Ferdinand Marcos lived in when he decamped from the Phillipines. The origins of his rise to power occured when he found parts of the Phillipine treasury that the Japanese had looted and hidden in the jungle pending removal to Japan.
One of the key items in the treasury was a gold Buddha, and the mystery attached to it was part of the reason that FM developed his aura of power and surged his rise in Filipino politics. People with Marcos in those days of World War II later verified the finding of the Buddha, but it was never seen again.
Until now.

Interestingly enough we often find small buddha statues at the bottom of the waters around seattle. I am told that there is some ceremony where buddhists will gather near the waters edge and toss them into the water for some reason. I found one not too many years ago.

I am aslo told that many that have been found are decades old and range from very inexpensive plastic/ceramic molded versions to very expensive and decorated metal statues (haven't heard of any of them being gold however).

I found a room key for the hotel where I was staying. It was even for the specific room I was in.

Not my key though, it had some growth on it.

I was in Koh Phi Phi one year ago, after the tsunami. We did some cleaning of the bay by diving / snorkelling. Found everything you can find in a city, houses, furniture, clothes, beers, full boxes of tiger balm, fridge, and on and on... Once someone came back to the boat saying "I found it!", when we asked what, he showed us a big fluffy Nemo...

I usually just find trash, a few days ago at the Breakwater, my buddy found a broken bracelet that said "SAVE THE SEA" from the Aquarium, I had a good chuckle underwater when I saw it, I wonder if thats what it was meant for?

My daughter had lost my wife's snorkel during her training dives in a local lake. Several different agencies use this lake for checkout dives and many rec divers dive there constantly. Well, a full week later, after probably hundreds had dived there, I found my wife's snorkel while diving with my daughter. I'm sure it was the same as it had her initials marked on it. I was amazed that no one had found it during that week.

Back
Top Bottom