What Keeps You Motivated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also look in the mirror and see the progress and just wants more or less!

I always choose things that are over the top so I am forced to try harder.

NEVER SATISFIED

I don't do so well when I look at myself. That's the last thing my motivation needs. Even though I've lost a lot of weight, I'm still a big fat %^@#$. It's amazing, I can be running my butt off and feeling good and then I look over and see my shadow and think 'Geez, that fat guy is following awfully close. If I trip and fall, he's gonna land on me and squash me..." :) Granted it's only getting better, but the way I look and the way I feel just don't match up yet...

-Frank

I keep in mind how far I've come and remember...Nothing tastes as good as thinner feels.

also ask yourself "do I need to buy a new wetsuit or Not"

I am in the process replacing a Brand new scubapro BC (M) and a sherwood freedom (L) and ordering an XL. I just ordered a new tilos wetsuit....I dont need to this all over again :)

In my mid 20's I managed to get myself into outstanding shape. Not to brag, but cover-of-Men's-Health type of shape. In my early 30's I suffered a handful of injuries that curtailed my workouts and basically gave me an excuse to get lazy.

In my mid 30's I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I was fat. Not like a whale fat, but I was definately on the 4-lbs a year slide that turns so many into early heart attack candidate. Plus I'm vain, and I realized that I was looked decidedly not sexy.

So I've worked very hard to get myself back into shape. I doubt I'll ever be back in the shape I was in my 20's but I work at it every day. My motivation is a shirtless picture of myself at my best, taped to my refrigerator door. I look at it everytime I go to the frig and think about what I'm getting ready to eat.

j_c_a:
In my mid 20's I managed to get myself into outstanding shape. Not to brag, but cover-of-Men's-Health type of shape. In my early 30's I suffered a handful of injuries that curtailed my workouts and basically gave me an excuse to get lazy.

In my mid 30's I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I was fat. Not like a whale fat, but I was definately on the 4-lbs a year slide that turns so many into early heart attack candidate. Plus I'm vain, and I realized that I was looked decidedly not sexy.

So I've worked very hard to get myself back into shape. I doubt I'll ever be back in the shape I was in my 20's but I work at it every day. My motivation is a shirtless picture of myself at my best, taped to my refrigerator door. I look at it everytime I go to the frig and think about what I'm getting ready to eat.

even the best get old, it's inevitable. Look at Arnold and Stallone :11:

j_c_a:
I'm with you (except for the Mens Health thing :wink:) ! In my 20's I was a Firefighter and worked out like a maniac, I was in top shape and felt like a million bucks. Now I'm 44, fat and out of shape, everytime I've tried to work out I ended up re-injuring something I initially hurt years ago. So now it's time to drop the weight and take baby-steps if that's what it takes to get back to that "million bucks" feeling.

Queen:
I'm with you (except for the Mens Health thing :wink:) ! In my 20's I was a Firefighter and worked out like a maniac, I was in top shape and felt like a million bucks. Now I'm 44, fat and out of shape, everytime I've tried to work out I ended up re-injuring something I initially hurt years ago. So now it's time to drop the weight and take baby-steps if that's what it takes to get back to that "million bucks" feeling.

Yep, lighter weight and lots of IcyHot
03.gif
On the bright side though at least at this point in my life I can actually afford to get a massage when I'm sore hehe

Seriously, you've got the right idea. When you've been in great shape in the past, it's almost harder to stay motivated than it is than if you've never been in good shape, because you a) know how much farther you have to go b) know what it takes to get there c) you tend not to get as excited about every little bit of progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom