What keeps you sane??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lately my schedule has been so busy I have hardly anytime to relax. I don't quite know how I do stay sane. When I do have the time I usually either play my guitar or bad piano. I read a book...mostly non-fiction. On a VERY rare occasion I will have a few days off and drive to the mountains and do a segment hike on the AT. There are those times however when I'm so exhausted that I sit in a trance:)

your fillings picking up signals out at k-bay, sir?

I use a tinfoil hat to keep the voices out.

onfloat:
I did a great dive out of North Beach here today. It made me whole. Now the fact that I shot 1 hour of lens cap with the video camera and didn't discover it until I was 30 feet down, that made me insane!!!

:lol:

Often, the best cure for a bad day (or just something to do on any given day) is to pick up a guitar and play for a while. I try to get in at least an hour a day for playing, either in terms of writing, practicing, or just having fun. I've been on a big blues kick, so I'm trying to sharpen my playing a bit more there.

Other than that, I'm a big believer in just sitting outside and reading while enjoying some fresh air. Sometimes, if I have a REALLY bad day that I need to get out of my system, I fire up my Playstation 2 and do some fighting games. Very therapeutic.

Back
Top Bottom