What kind of Olympus rig do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5050z
ikelite housing
ikelite ball/socket arms
ikelite dual handle tray
ds125 strobe with manual controller and bulkhead connector
ds50 strobe (not in use at present-- trying to get one strobe under control first)
1 gb cf card
pelican 1600 case
lowe mini trekker

C-5050 and PT-015. Haven't got it wet yet, either. Wondering if any of you did anything elaborate to check out your housing for watertightness before using it. Plan on getting a strobe soon. Are all of you using the fiber optic coupler to the strobe, or does anyone have a wire going through the housing? Any advice/experience with strobes and couplers would be appreciated.

I don't have an u/w Oly setup but I recently picked up an E-1 after using a Sony DSC-F707 for the last few years. Since my wife has no interest in using a camera that large I picked up a Stylus 410 for her. There is a housing available for it whereas there isn't one for the E-1. Maybe I will pick one up to play with. Nah, I'm an underwater video guy. I wouldn't know what to do with a still camera underwater and would be flogged by friends for going to the dark side.

JoelW

Film -
Sea & Sea MMII-Ex
YS-50 TTL Strobe
16mm Wide Angle lens
Highpoint Viewfinder.

Digital -
Oly C-5050
PT-015

In the process of buying-
Fisheye tray with Lockline arm
Inon D-180 Strobe w. Optical cable