What kind of Olympus rig do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oly 5050Z
PT-015
Dual YS-90DX strobes
Sea & Sea WA lens
ULCS tray and arms

Lowe Pro Mini trekker for travel

Oly 5050z
PT-015 housing
dual Ikelite DS-50 strobes
Inon UWL-100 wide-angle lens
Oly PCU-01 macro lens
ULCS tray and arms

topside only:
Oly WCON-0.7x wide-angle conversion lens
Oly TCON-1.7x telephoto conversion lens
UV & polarizing filters, extension tubes, etc

LowePro Mini-Trekker for travel

Oly C-4000Z
PT-010
Looking at getting a strobe pretty soon.
128mb Smart Media Card.

Dry i use the same camera just without the Housing.

Wet:

C5050Z
PT-015

Both have only been pool tested so far but I feel a trip to the Keys coming this spring and hopefully Curacao or Bonaire in the fall :)

Wet Wish List:

Inon D-180
Tray & Arms (tbd)
Inon WAL
Inon Dome

Wet and Dry:

Minolta Action Touch APS (great for throwing in the backpack, golf bag, snorkeling etc.

Dry:

Minolta 7xi with a slew of lenses, filters, external flash etc. etc. that I won't bore you with :)

Also a Sony 8mm camcorder that rarely gets used

Oly C-750z with PT-018 housing.

No strobe at this time, although I hope to purchase something (looking at a YS-90) sometime this year, perhaps after reading a few user testimonials in forums like this one. In the meantime, I have an extensive history with Photoshop and have had some success using it to compensate for color shifting at depth.

Of course, I've also found you can get around the whole color shifting/lack of a flash issue if you take a lot of pictures at less than 20' deep on a sunny day... :wink:

Reeveseye:
.....Of course, I've also found you can get around the whole color shifting/lack of a flash issue if you take a lot of pictures at less than 20' deep on a sunny day... :wink:

You found our secret!

Welcome to the boards. :wink:

OK...I am this close to taking the plunge and trying to find an Oly 5050 and, I think, PT housing. I am pretty sure Ike said I can use my old strobes - though it won't be ideal (what is on my budget!!) with this set-up in much the same way I am making them work with my little Canon.

Why am I here? I want to know if there is anything extra (not including CF media & batteries - I have several sets of AA rechargeables that I can use, right?) that I should be adding to my budgeting to get started other than
1) the Oly 5050 &
2) the housing &
And also I need help on...
3) some sort of plate to attach strobes to housing (mine is kaput and I carry my strobe now - but I think the size of the PT housing won't let me do this - any comments?) I have Ikelite arms (will upgrade these to something lighter at a later date, but for now they are fine, I think).

I know there are lots of wish list items out there, but I am really only looking at what I need to get going. I love macro shots and fish/turtle shots...just started with trying out some reef scene stuff...not sure that I NEED a WAL...though it would have been nice to get the whole turtle in yesterday, I guess! If you think it is essential, can you tell me why & what you would recommend?

Finally - will these questions never end - is the supermacro as excellent as it sounds?

my rig WAS:
Oly 4040; PT-010 housing;Fisheye tray/arm; S&S YS90 DX strobe.
Until "the flood"

my rig is (although it is yet to be wet):
Oly 5050; PT-015 housing;Fisheye tray/arm; S&S YS90 DX strobe.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom