What’s your favorite pair of fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I've had every kind of fin out there since 1961. My favorites were my Voit UDT's from the late 60's until I broke a molded strap around 1972. Diving has never been the same since - Voit went out of business, and I've always been leery of vintage stuff that's jsut sat in a box for 35 years.
Some guy salvaged the molds, and I got a brand new pair on eBay that are arriving on Monday. Take my wings, plates, all the trick gear - I've got my UDT's again!
Life is good, although it as better before my port 250 Yamaha fried the stator and CGI on Sunday. Tomorrow the bill comes in, and it's gonna hurt bad.
Still...UDT's on Monday...

SQADMIN It is nice to see the Force Fin contingent coming out the woodwork. The last time I checked Grasshopper I saw a fresh pair of Tan Deltas through my mask. You have learned well Grasshopper so now the force too will be with you.

for me it is the Force Fin Tan Deltas. I think they are the only way to dive. I love how it feels there is nothing on your feet but you are moving through the water so easily.

Poseidon8118:
I’m curious if any other divers out there are as loyal to their fins as I. I have had four different regulators, three different bc’s, three different wetsuits and a multitude of different scuba accessories from many different companies, but the fins remain the same. I have tried over fifteen pairs in the past twenty years and the only ones I like are the Scubapro Jetfin and the Scubapro Seawing. ]

I use mares quattros, it improved my dive time very much. One of the best if not the best fins.

I have 4 pairs of fins: Genesis Response, Apollo bio fins, Scubapro Twinjets, and Cressi-sub Frog... Lastest purchase I made is Apollo and I fell in love with it. It is the best in the world, in my opinion! Frog and Response are good for strong current.

Sporasub free dive fins.

Go hard or go home.

yukoneer:
I have 4 pairs of fins: Genesis Response, Apollo bio fins, Scubapro Twinjets, and Cressi-sub Frog... Lastest purchase I made is Apollo and I fell in love with it. It is the best in the world, in my opinion! Frog and Response are good for strong current.

What kind of finning technique do you use with your Genesis? I have a pair and with the flutter kick, I dunno they feel a bit slow..

I have a pair of Sherwood Trek ( split fin ) and there are no other.
They give you anything you would want in a fin. Legs don't get tired, are VERY efficient, ETC,etc.

Also have a pair of jet fins: use them for stability, mainly wreck diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom