What skills do you actually learn in a Solo course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again I'll say it: removing scuba unit, swimminbg away, swimming back and replacing it, is NOT in the course. That is just made-up by some instructor, or a poster,

Why would someone ever leave their gas supply if it's still working? I would be teaching you to breathe from the BCD inflator and tank valve if your regs were fubar before ever leaving your gas source. Only if it were totally hung up on something like spider wire and you couldn't cut it (perhaps dropped tool) would there be a reason to swim up. Swimming away and back? Let's see ... you are caught in wire. You swim out of your rig to a nearby shipwreck and use a rock to break a porthole. You enter, swim inside 3 decks into the engine room, where you find some wire cutters and return to your rig ... kind of thin ... anorexic. Which is why you fit through the porthole. :D

Nice.

I was helping a girl I liked in the kitchen and dropped a fork. As I was about to still use it, she had a look that I read as 'I'd rather you didn't get sick from still using that', in no way snooty as she was very grounded, just tiny expressions that I read that way. Stuff I drop goes in the sink.

How would Trace cascade this to punish me...?

I have you use it. The environment will teach you.

Lol. This thread is funny

Sorry my bad. I was still trying to get my head round the earlier post with regards to leaving and returning to you rig. I thought that is what was being discussed with regards to dry suit and twin steels.

Unfortunately the fixation on the “swimming away” comment has become a major distraction. If I could edit my original post I would simply state “doff and don” your BC. If you are diving side mount then this is not applicable to you (common sense please). The logic for this exercise should be to resolve entanglements regardless of your particular gear. Proper technique will allow you to accomplish this procedure without struggling, twisting hoses or losing control.

I have you use it. The environment will teach you.
:) Well, I meant you build a 'How would Trace cascade this?' demon on student's shoulders, by tipping Murphy's odds to cascade mistakes towards painful experience. Sounds effective, like cave training. My friend's look was enough to be memorable, but you're not as cute, sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom